Head Case Motorsports

VPI

• 1 month later...

Here's another favorite of mine, the Lexus LC500. I fell in love with the Lexus LF-LC concept that was shown in 2012, and the production version is pretty close to the concept.

I really hope the rumored F Sport version loses literally a ton of weight and adds a manual transmission.

https://youtu.be/2NgROUQZNVM

Edited by HiWire
  • Like 1

Well...

I've been missing having a stick car in the stable.  Was planning on purchasing a different car but the order banks for what I want do not open until next year.  In the process of punting my Demon (suspension is not to my liking...way to singular in personality...drag suspension and I prefer more of a road race setup), I bought a car yesterday that I have yet to see in person so this should be entertaining.

2012 BMW M3 coupe manual w/ "slick top" and competition package in Interlagos Blue / black leather.  It's got some miles on it, but these are getting more difficult to find.  V8 motor that spins to 8300 rpm.  It's light on torque for what I'm accustomed to, but hopefully I'll leave it alone and not slap a blower on it...LOL.  There's actually a nice kit out there.  

Just something to drive for a while that's more nimble than the Trackhawk.

Should look something like this except with the carbon fibre roof and no sunroof...thank goodness.

vroom vroom...

HS

BMW M3 interlagos overhead.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I’m sorry I must have misheard that gentleman. Didn’t say “starting at $150K” did he? I guess it's a good thing Porsche options are so reliably reasonably priced ...

Edit: Specced one out in Dolomite Silver with all the toys and it's pretty sweet but actually North of $185K. Oof.

549284357_ScreenShot2019-09-04at11_33_49AM.thumb.png.7a5d014a068df29ec7cdac8ee86a1d9b.png

Edited by Hopstretch
  • Confused 1

On 9/1/2019 at 11:44 AM, HemiSam said:

V8 motor that spins to 8300 rpm.  It's light on torque for what I'm accustomed to, but hopefully I'll leave it alone and not slap a blower on it...LOL. 

To me, in actual driving the car actually feels much torquier than the number suggests. You may be pleasantly surprised.

The chassis is very well balanced. Too bad the car is heavier and way too complicated than I would prefer. Wish I also had the carbon roof!  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, mwl168 said:

To me, in actual driving the car actually feels much torquier than the number suggests. You may be pleasantly surprised.

The chassis is very well balanced. Too bad the car is heavier and way too complicated than I would prefer. Wish I also had the carbon roof!  

I’m excited, mwl168.

I test drove a white 2011 that was local.  A Canadian example and had a fun drive.  Not long enough to form a meaningful opinion, but enough to get a taste.  I agree the chassis seemed to be very nicely buttoned down based on a few spirited u-turns under our toll road here.  Unfortunately the car was not in the best of shape, the price point was high for what it was, and something had gone on with the front end the dealer could not explain...oil everywhere when I poked around.

Fingers crossed this specimen will be what I hope.  I spoke to the seller today and he told me that he’s had calls from all over the country asking about the car.  

HS

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally drove Colin’s X around to see what all the fuss is about.

Overall I was pleasantly surprised. It is a very nice grand tourer. It is not a dialed in performance-mobile but for highway commutes and City drives it’d be very easy to live with.

Quick impressions:

• View from driver’s position is like nothing else on the road. The “infinity” windshield is crazy. 
  • Drives great. Electric transmission/power delivery is very smooth (though I’d expect nothing less from a car with such a sticker price).
  • Regen braking is cool. Able to drive it pretty easily with one pedal. Going back to a normal car I missed the regen.
  • Get-up-and-go from a standstill is impressive, especially for something this heavy and even on the smaller battery model. Power is noticeably less when already moving at interstate speeds. I miss the sound of a growling V8 though.
  • So much tech, but worry that some may be obsolete in a few years time. Tesla’s mapping worked just fine but when you’ve grown addicted to gmaps/Waze it is hard to envision using anything else.
  • Back doors are just silly. Back seat experience is fine but doesn’t stand out vs. the luxury SUV competition.
  • E3519F1A-F1FD-452B-A2ED-683438B61D6E.thumb.jpeg.045c4234a8f86ee3a5f76b3445659ae7.jpeg
  • Like 1

^^^ Nice, glad to know that he got humpty dumpty all back together again.

I recently got the change to drive a P90D or something like that, can't remember the exact model but it was a Model S, dual motor, long range.   Even on a short drive it was easy to appreciate.  Made me really want to try a Model 3.  And I doubly agree on the regen braking front.  It was almost immediately intuitive.

• 2 weeks later...