Head Case Motorsports

VPI

Officially updated the build.  Truck was built on the 27th of April and will now sit in a parking lot until August waiting for fucking chips for delivery in September.  Time to cancel and fly to Texas to buy a truck.

Edited by VPI
  • Like 2

Sales manager decided to add a $10k market adjustment fee to the red truck so I told them to fuck off and I am planning what I will do to them the next time I am in Texas. 

Now I either get a vehicle that will lose little value for a year and pick up a Ford next year or get the BMW and just stick with a tiny, fast SUV.  Biggest drawback to the M Competition is I am not sure the stealth hitch that works on it will have enough clearance to actually tow a trailer with the low rider or if it is just for hitch mounted bike carriers/etc. 

• Angry 1

Tired of fucking around with dealers with shortages or price increases. Tomorrow buying either the X3 M Competition or a loaded Rubicon in stock locally. Just trade them in on a Lightning in 2022-2023. 

F5F54DDF-2118-43E0-A8CB-46C645C1411B.jpeg

BEE81CF9-A157-4288-8E85-8B658F10F85E.jpeg

Edited by VPI
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Difficult.  I trust Nate, but he has the same opinion as Brent which is very troubling. Nate, do you need a vacation?  Is Brent holding you hostage in the NAMBLA HQ basement?

At this point the BMW wins for looks, but everything else, not so much. Ride quality is terrible and really only driveable in comfort mode, same stupid ass situation as the Audi with massive wheels on track tires that only work a few months a year here so I have to buy a whole extra set of at least tires and BMW still does that noisy ass start thing where when you start a cold car it roars for like 40 seconds like a fucking dump truck, disturbing the tranquility of the lake house. 

Since Brent has screwed up one of my choices I am adding another to try today.  Of course I would drive directly to a tire place and get 37s on as the 33s look goofy. Limited edition 75th Anniversary Power Wagon that usually sells before the make it to the lot, but people are probably afraid of the color.

F061AD6E-0E91-47BB-B253-3F4E4FF076DC.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, VPI said:

Since Brent has screwed up one of my choices I am adding another to try today.  Of course I would drive directly to a tire place and get 37s on as the 33s look goofy. Limited edition 75th Anniversary Power Wagon that usually sells before the make it to the lot, but people are probably afraid of the color.

F061AD6E-0E91-47BB-B253-3F4E4FF076DC.jpeg

Do they throw in the Trump 2024 flags for free?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I think you're doing the correct thing exercising some patience, VPI.  I've been there and in situations like this it is difficult.

Have you given any thought to a Jeep Grand Cherokee with the 5.7L HEMI motor?  They are very nice, come with 20's that aren't as tooth rattling, especially if they aren't the shitty run flats I'm running on my Trackhawk?  You might be impressed with the interior if it's one of the nicer ones and you can get AWD of 2WD depending on availabilities.

I truly believe we are in the famine of a feast and famine cycle and in a few months it is going to look VERY different...will be too many vehicles and discounts will return.  Timing, as they say, is everything...I feel for ya.

I personally think that would be far easier to live with than a Wrangler.

HS

• Like 1

Drove the orange truck and riding a Clydesdale as my daily driver would be more comfortable. 

No Hemi Grand Cherokees in stock here so cannot really try that one. 

Looking at a Limited 1500 now, the last one in the area that I can find. 

Edited by VPI
  • Like 1