Head Case Motorsports

VPI

9 minutes ago, HemiSam said:

I'm a huge fan of these having lived with one for years.  A bit of assembly required (get a friend and an easy few hour job) and you do give up a bit of space in the bed, but boy they make life easy.

https://tonneaucoversworld.com/p/retraxpro-mx-tonneau-cover/v/dodge/ram-1500/2021/

HS

That’s what I have, love it, so easy to open and close. Have built in “bed extenders” and ratchet straps for when things don’t fit. All quick and easy.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, naamanf said:

That’s what I have, love it, so easy to open and close. Have built in “bed extenders” and ratchet straps for when things don’t fit. All quick and easy.  

Very nice!  I miss my RAM.  Don't miss parking it...LOL, but absolutely loved towing with it and the sheer utility and don't give a crap who parked next to me, etc...  Lot to be said for that.

I'll own another one day when my parking situation improves.  They're too damn practical not to.

I was eyeballing the TRX for a while...glad I stepped back.  Got to drive a friend's....so damn nice and fun though!  The interior is exceptional and the handling and quiet cabin given what it is / the tires...impressive.

HS

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HemiSam said:

Very nice!  I miss my RAM.  Don't miss parking it...LOL, but absolutely loved towing with it and the sheer utility and don't give a crap who parked next to me, etc...  Lot to be said for that.

I'll own another one day when my parking situation improves.  They're too damn practical not to.

I was eyeballing the TRX for a while...glad I stepped back.  Got to drive a friend's....so damn nice and fun though!  The interior is exceptional and the handling and quiet cabin given what it is / the tires...impressive.

HS

The Ford interior of the Raptor is crap, especially when moving from a BMW, I’m really hoping the Raptor R coming out next year makes up for this ones shortcomings. Other than that I’ve been happy with it as a daily driver. 

• Like 2

Just now, naamanf said:

The Ford interior of the Raptor is crap, especially when moving from a BMW, I’m really hoping the Raptor R coming out next year makes up for this ones shortcomings. Other than that I’ve been happy with it as a daily driver. 

I'm with you, naamanf. I'm not keen on Ford's interiors in general including the trucks, Mustangs and the new Bronco.  Cheeeeezyyyy.

HS

The new F-150 interior and tech is light years ahead of the Ram garbage.  I feel the interior is a big step back in getting stuck with this thing over the Platinum F-150.

Edited by VPI
  • Haha 1

Sorry to see you bought something you don't seem to care for, VPI.  I hope at least it's what you need.

I'll have to check out the new F150.  I have friends with ones that don't have but a few years on them including one with a Raptor, but have not sat in a 2021.  They must have improved markedly.

HS

You should be aware, I think most things are shit. 🙂  Because they are of course.

I think people think the flashy screen makes a nice interior for the Ram, but said screen shuts itself off regularly and then freezes up.  Then the Heads Up display is designed for the typical big truck driver 5’4” with self esteem issues.  Sitting with the seat in its lowest position I can only see the bottom of the speed so I need to dig through the billions of poorly laid out menus to see if it can be adjusted.  The ridiculous fake wood inlay in the most useful part of the steering wheel is also a stupid as fuck design as you will have zero grip if you actually need to try to aggressively maneuver the truck.

Now my side mirror decides to not return to the home position after being in reverse so I have to adjust it every time I put the truck into drive from reverse.  Add that to the underpowered rattle trap motor and I have no idea how they had the money to pay off mags to get truck of the year multiple times.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Holy shit I’m laughing!  And I thought I was an old grump…lol. 

I agree that weird gray wood crap in the steering wheel of the Limited is off putting. Truly…it grated on me. The leather is ok. Good for a truck and how I use one IMO. The leather in the TRX including the dash is nice but you pay for it although you get a lot more performance and tech wise (eg suspension). The leather on the dash and all over from lovely Scandinavian cows that parted w it in my Trackhawk gives me a chubby…but I paid for it handsomely. 

Hopefully you can work through the tech niggles. The reviews vs the GMs and Fords called none of that out which is interesting. Reviewers often suck…

HS

On 11/5/2019 at 7:07 PM, mikeymad said:

They are just playing with it now --- some better footage now. 

I think that everyone needs to take lessons from the spaceX teams - there is a new standard in filming events. 

Seems like a long time ago now. Currently mothballed at the Coventry Transport Museum while they try to raise the UKP8m to add the rockets and do the next series of runs to 800mph+. It all hangs in the balance.

https://www.bloodhoundlsr.com/bloodhound-on-display-at-the-coventry-transport-museum/

• Sad 1

Service is done on the truck. Replicated all the problems and confirmed Chrysler knows about them and has no idea how to fix them so just “turn those features off”. 

Car wash is also broken so they are not even washing it before giving me this piece of shit back. 

Top notch auto brand for sure. 

• Haha 1
  • Angry 2

20 minutes ago, VPI said:

Service is done on the truck. Replicated all the problems and confirmed Chrysler knows about them and has no idea how to fix them so just “turn those features off”. 

Car wash is also broken so they are not even washing it before giving me this piece of shit back. 

Top notch auto brand for sure. 

Let’s be honest, you bought a Jeep that they spell “RAM”. 

• Haha 1