Head Case Motorsports

VPI

IMG_4652.thumb.PNG.03373c57a25a8b0d4d96c4a1fb4b5d06.PNG

This is my best pass.  I think it's got another tick or two in it but I'll never see a 9 unless I up the boost and that means losing the cats, pinning the crank and a lower pulley swap (harmonic balancer).  Trying to leave the daily alone...err as is.

HS

I could also pull the seats, etc... but I'm a lazy racer.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, HemiSam said:

IMG_4652.thumb.PNG.03373c57a25a8b0d4d96c4a1fb4b5d06.PNG

This is my best pass.  I think it's got another tick or two in it but I'll never see a 9 unless I up the boost and that means losing the cats, pinning the crank and a lower pulley swap (harmonic balancer).  Trying to leave the daily alone...err as is.

HS

I could also pull the seats, etc... but I'm a lazy racer.

Not bad for a Jeep 😂

Rumor has it there will be a dealer installed option for the TRX that will give it a extra 100 hp and still keep it under warranty 🤞I would like an even 1000hp truck but will settle with 800. 😂

• Haha 1

The issue with these heavy vehicles, and I mean the Challengers, Chargers, Jeeps and RAM’s…all of the hellcat based vehicles is the driveline.  I had my transmission “built” which really only meant beefed up clutches and steels were available at the time, and I ate an aluminum sprag in it when I was using another tuner…over reved shift points.  Now you can get a billet version of that sprag so you can push them harder.

The transmissions, transfer cases, differentials (particularly the cases so a beefed up diff mount setup can prevent it) and the half shafts (axles) are all fuses.

Beefing up the power by 100-150 rear wheel horsepower is easy peasy.

HS

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I do not take as many photos as I use to at racing events, but this caught my eye and I would be remiss not sharing.  At last October's Texas Mile I had the pleasure of drooling over this Koenigsegg Regera.  Truly an engineering feat....and...it comes with its own tuner (a breathing one with a charming accent...).  The owner appeared disappointed with his speeds and left before the wind shifted to our benefit but we did get to see it make a few passes.  

HS

IMG_7059.thumb.JPG.2b6cc55a164a7c7bd564283218f5f255.JPG

IMG_7058.JPG

IMG_7057.JPG

IMG_7062.JPG

IMG_7061.JPG

IMG_7063.JPG

IMG_7060.JPG

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, HemiSam said:

For those that are curious, a good friend ordered a Durango Hellcat (sometimes referred to as a Hellrango...).  It took 5 and a half months from order to delivery.  I am told it is usually closer to a month and a half...  Go supply chain...

HS

TRXs are about a month with no options out to 8 months fully loaded. 

• Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, HemiSam said:

We had a track rental for today.  Weather got the better of us...need to swap back to the street tires on my piggy.  Bummer...

The good thing is I can start my drink a bit earlier...LOL.  This cold and wet weather is overrated for most things, but brown liquor compliments it.

HS

Were there pictures?

Finally have a build date for my ‘rex, 3/31. Can. Not. Wait. Hopefully gas is still under $20 a gallon by then. 

Edited by naamanf
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, naamanf said:

Were there pictures?

Finally have a build date for my ‘rex, 3/31. Can. Not. Wait. Hopefully gas is still under $20 a gallon by then. 

I didn't take any as we were freezing out butts off and most the cars never got off the trailers.  I really suck at taking pictures I have to admit...LOL

Great to see on the TRX.  Hopefully won't sink at sea (horrible story...apparently 20 of the Porsches were for Houstonians). My friends had two out for the rental:  red one and a black one.  Love those trucks!

HS

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting Route Planner / What if? tool for the EV Curious.

https://abetterrouteplanner.com/

Enter your Vehicle spec, and proposed route and see if it meets your use case ...

e.g. Visit the Seattle crew in a VW ID 4

https://abetterrouteplanner.com/?plan_uuid=339fd7aa-1564-4792-b94f-cf02e7b6f1d9

Shows the importance of the Charging infrastructure.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...