Head Case Motorsports

VPI

Agreed. I'm so tired of Grey and Silver.

The dream edition has a Eureka Gold that's kind of nice.

RoundupLucid-02_i.jpg

Lucid-Air-16a-1024x555.jpg

I wasn't very enamored with the styling when I first saw it, but it's growing on me. Even if it does remind me of a modern Oldsmobile.

I also did not like the styling of the Mercedes EQS, but after seeing one up close, it's much better in person. Both have a 0.2 drag coefficient. Crazy good.

Edited by swt61

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Grahame said:

What about Sandblast(ed)?

Not a fan of the color, would be nice if they did something else other than cosmetic changes. 702hp is nice but it really needs a couple hundred moar, and that’s what people were hoping for 😢

14 hours ago, naamanf said:

Not a fan of the color, would be nice if they did something else other than cosmetic changes. 702hp is nice but it really needs a couple hundred moar, and that’s what people were hoping for 😢

As usual the completely sane people at Hennessey have you covered.

http://hennesseyperformance.com/vehicles/dodge/ram-1500-trx/mammoth-1000/

That’s going to be a self serve thing IMO. I don’t see Stellantis offering a lot more power on such a heavy vehicle although it’s not out of the realm of possibilities. 

My suggestion is an upper pulley swap supported by a “cracked” and tuned PCM and bigger injectors…poof a good bit more power. Warranty on motor and possibly trans voided, but such is the price of vroom vroom…

HS

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HemiSam said:

That’s going to be a self serve thing IMO. I don’t see Stellantis offering a lot more power on such a heavy vehicle although it’s not out of the realm of possibilities. 

My suggestion is an upper pulley swap supported by a “cracked” and tuned PCM and bigger injectors…poof a good bit more power. Warranty on motor and possibly trans voided, but such is the price of vroom vroom…

HS

Satera is working on a single 80mm turbo set up that should do 900whp on E85 and 700whp on 93.  Might be a good option. No photo description available.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, TMoney said:

It looked like Mr. Block-enspiel was a half-second away from rolling that thing more than a few times in that video.

Seriously.  There were at least three that I saw: dunes, donuts, and the high-speed run.  Was sort of shocked that they weren't in helmets or any gear given how hard they were pushing it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HemiSam said:

Turbos are amazing. Very efficient but a level of complexity a good bit above a blower. 

Is he compound boosting or is the blower coming out?

HS

Planning on options for both, with the compound being offered initially. Rippa currently has a twin turbo option that puts down about 1000whp. but they are mounted really low. 

• Like 1

Compound boost isn't my jam, but it can be made to work.  Otherwise a manifold will need to replace the blower which to me is the correct way.

A lot of power can be made with a single large snail or twins.  I used to run twin 6766's sitting low and there are a few challenges to doing so.  Access for maintenance and oil management to the turbos are the two biggest issues.  

I prefer the idea of one large snail sitting higher.  Plumbing won't be simple with that engine bay being what it is.  Swapping spark plugs now is nuts as it stands stock.

I'm avoiding going down the rabbit hole with mine.  It make pretty good power and is very driveable (it's my daily).  I'm hoping I keep it that way.  The add'l wheel HP and torque really have made it so much more fun and the AWD just makes it an urban assault vehicle and faster than it should be at the track.

If going the blower route I'm a big believer in beefed up cooling and the Aussie Interchiller setup is surprisingly effective particularly if you're hot lapping it at the track.  Much less of an issue with turbo's IMO.

HS

• Like 1

Still can't believe you drive a 10 second jeep around, HS!

I was just watching a Matt Farah vid while I was eating lunch where the 911 Turbo S only gets 9.9 with the lightweight package.

911 Turbo S speed, in a jeep!

Edited by TMoney
  • Like 1

I'm adding a few images of the TT kit on my old car.  It went through a lot of iterations power adder wise, but this was by far the most efficient and powerful.  It was a PITA to change oil...

The turbo kit was literally my K-member...the plumbing took place of the stock one.  In the square piping facing the reader you'll see two hose ends...that's the oiling box.  Really slick kit.

You can see how much is going on.  Even the frame had to be notched on the passenger side to clear the turbo which wasn't small but it was huge either.

Compromises...

HS

AGP turbo kit 2.png

turbos installed hellbent oct 2015.JPG

IMG_6220.JPG

• Like 4

^^^ You, my friend, are bananas.  And it is awesome. 

Naaman, you are also bananas for buying a 700+HP truck and thinking it needs more.  

If I had access to that much HP I think I'd be featured in a different thread here.

Rip Do Not Want GIF by nog

Also, who knew that the forum software had embedable stock GIFs?  Huh.  Learned something new today. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3