Head Case Motorsports

VPI

3 minutes ago, TMoney said:

Still can't believe you drive a 10 second jeep around, HS!

I was just watching a Matt Farah vid while I was eating lunch where the 911 Turbo S only gets 9.9 with the lightweight package.

911 Turbo S speed, in a jeep!

I'm really fortunate to have the Trackhawk, TMoney...thank you.  Liking how low maintenance it is especially driving it around TX and not having to worry about potholes nor clearing parking stops, etc...

It's funny that you mention the Porsche Turbo....  I'm starting to fall in love with a 2007 Turbo stick car.  It's a bit of a project...60k miles and a lot of love bites.  The interior is a bit of a mess and I'm working on sorting it out...got a used passenger side door card I need to install.  The car is a lot more enjoyable than I expected...

HSspacer.png

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, TMoney said:

Out of curiosity, do you run any special kind of tire when you are going for times?

Great question.  When I was tracking the Challenger I ran Hoosier R7's for the standing mile as they were rated for north of 200mph.  Really a great tire.  On the quarter mile stuff I'd run Mickey Thompson drag radials.  Surprisingly good and way better than a slick IMO.

In the Jeep I run the crappy Pirelli Scorpion Verde runflats at the mile as they're speed rated.  Loud, hard as marbles...a miserable tire but the only one rated for the speeds the brick has gone.  I did by a used set of drag radials and wheels form a friend for the quarter.  I can't do a burnout with the AWD so I just kind of scuff them to get the gravel off them.  They are more forgiving than the runflats but my sixty foot times are still pretty crap.  5617 lbs of love off the line is comedy.

HS

• Like 1

1 hour ago, n_maher said:

^^^ You, my friend, are bananas.  And it is awesome. 

Naaman, you are also bananas for buying a 700+HP truck and thinking it needs more.  

If I had access to that much HP I think I'd be featured in a different thread here.

Rip Do Not Want GIF by nog

Also, who knew that the forum software had embedable stock GIFs?  Huh.  Learned something new today. 

Always need moar power, though I’m not sure how far I’m going to go since it is my daily driver. First thing I need to sort out is the garbage HK stereo that came with it.  

Sadly I dropped it off at the dealer this morning because they forgot to seal up the firewall somewhere. Terrible wind noise coming from under the dash. Dropped it off at 0730 and they have yet to look at it 😡. Glad I waited two weeks for an “appointment”. 

Edited by naamanf
  • Thanks 1
  • Angry 1

I hear you on dealer/appointment troubles. I've had a lug nut (technically a lug stud) stuck on the BMW for the last two weeks.  The previous shop installed them to what I'd guess was well north of 200ft-lbs of torque.  I got 19 of 20 off with only minor problems using an 18" breaker bar and a 3' extension.  The 20th, it's still on there and no amount of heat or other method will loosen it.  It's now well and truly stripped.  Yesterday's adventure was to heat it as hot as I dared and drive a 16mm socket on it (it's a 17mm head) and let it cool for more than an hour.  Still wouldn't budge.  So I tried JB welding a socket on.  Nope, the glue broke before the socket moved.  So now I wait over a week to get a tire shop to look at it and probably spend several hundred dollars having it drilled out or who knows?  Maybe I just trade the car in...

image.thumb.jpeg.b9e0ba2e946c92686906873199aecc7f.jpeg

• Sad 3
  • Angry 2

13 hours ago, n_maher said:

I hear you on dealer/appointment troubles. I've had a lug nut (technically a lug stud) stuck on the BMW for the last two weeks.  The previous shop installed them to what I'd guess was well north of 200ft-lbs of torque.  I got 19 of 20 off with only minor problems using an 18" breaker bar and a 3' extension.  The 20th, it's still on there and no amount of heat or other method will loosen it.  It's now well and truly stripped.  Yesterday's adventure was to heat it as hot as I dared and drive a 16mm socket on it (it's a 17mm head) and let it cool for more than an hour.  Still wouldn't budge.  So I tried JB welding a socket on.  Nope, the glue broke before the socket moved.  So now I wait over a week to get a tire shop to look at it and probably spend several hundred dollars having it drilled out or who knows?  Maybe I just trade the car in...

image.thumb.jpeg.b9e0ba2e946c92686906873199aecc7f.jpeg

Let me know if I need to bring over the welder!

Funny Gifs : season 3 GIF - VSGIF.com

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Since I can't afford a 392 Wrangler, and really don't care for the stock Rubicon shocks, I did the next best thing... Swapped in a set of like-new take-off Jeep 392 Fox shocks.  Soooooooo much better.  The stock shocks were way too soft, and Jeep would rock so much when shifting, and brake dive was horrible.  These are firmer and took care of those things without making the ride harsh at all.  

I also finally got my 1901 Maine state flag fender vent decals on.  I mean, it's still not a V8 Wrangler, but stickers add more HP anyway, so I figure I must be ahead.

IMG_5834.thumb.JPG.9d46978ca74df1c015f656064507ca6e.JPG

• Like 7

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have to replace all four 45K Michelin Pilot Sport AS 3+ tires on our Lexus SUV after only 25K miles and Costco is blaming misalignment (that they didn't catch in January when they rotated) and under-inflation. I'm pissed but probably cannot prevail in a battle over this because we didn't keep up the maintenance and the wear is uneven enough to void the warranty.

So, I'm looking at all season tires and the two leaders are Michelin Cross Climate2 (60K) and Bridgestone Alenza AS Ultra (80K) that run about the same price. Anybody have any experience with either of those tires or any suggestions (other than take better care this time)?