Head Case Motorsports

VPI

• 3 weeks later...

I always find something interesting...usually too many...at the Texas Mile.  This one really caught my eye.  It's a real deal (edit:  superbird...it's a plymouth) and they had done a lot of fabrications work to get it to this point.  Certainly not the fastest, but listening to the owner and builders love for it was really cool.  And, big arse waaaaang, as my buddy would say.  Not my thing but pretty nifty...

HS

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by HemiSam
  • Like 5

On 3/12/2024 at 12:36 PM, HemiSam said:

My beloved 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk was stolen from the airport parking lot in Dec 2022 while vacationing.  They stopped production in 2021 so a new one was not on the books.

I found a 2018 in the same color combo, but it was misrepresented...not clean enough for me to love it and it being a first year model it wasn't as good as later production.  It will be sold before long.

Finally found a 2021 of very low mileage...literally smells brand new.  Only problem is the first owner ticked the box for the gloss black hood and roof.  The roof I can't really see and it blends into the windshield so I chose to leave it alone.  I did have a white pearl wrap affixed to the hood...I'm finally happy enough to kick off the power modifications.  

Pleased as punch I finally found a daily I can love again...and beat on...LOL.

HS

image.jpeg

IMG_6872.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Sorry to hear your previous one got stolen.  But glad you got a replacement to fill that Jeep-shaped hole in your heart.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dusty Chalk said:

Sorry to hear your previous one got stolen.  But glad you got a replacement to fill that Jeep-shaped hole in your heart.

Thank you, Dusty Chalk...very much! 

It's a funny thing to get attached to an inanimate object like a vehicle, but it was just one of those things...chasing to recreate it now and I feel very fortunate to have a good one to work with.  Hopefully I don't screw it up...LOL.

Sam

• Like 1

Just had my final autocross in the Macan . Finished 8th on PAX (time adjusted by class) in a field of 42 cars! Easily my best finish. It helped that it was cold and rainy so the GT3 and RS cars on semi-slicks were having grip issues. Weather conditions are part of racing though so I make no apologies for finishing ahead of all but one of the GT3 drivers.

There was another older gentleman in his 80s driving a '21 Macan as well who smoked me and finished 3rd on PAX (missed first by 0.2s!). He was 2.5 seconds faster on about a 60 second course, so the gap was substantial. I was able to ride along with the guy and he was an amazing driver. You learn so much riding right seat when a good driver is behind the wheel. Funny thing is, he left traction/ESC control full on! He just was incredibly smooth with pedal inputs and knew how much force he could put on the steering wheel without understeering.

Assuming all goes to plan, I will soon be trading the Macan in for the Boxster. She has been an amazing car, but the Boxster should be a lot more suited to the kinds of driving I want to do! I've never owned a convertible before so open top motoring should also be interesting to live with.

I feel like I am going to have a lot of bad habits to un-learn after 10 years of driving AWD cars, but should be fun. 718 platform with the mid engine seems to be about as forgiving as a sports car that fast gets.

Edited by TMoney
  • Like 8

3 minutes ago, swt61 said:

Just to be specific, I believe the Cayman is the hard top, while the Boxster is the convertible.

You are spot on, swt61.  It's a 718 and the hardtop is a Cayman and the convertible is the Boxster.

I'm a sucker for a coupe, personally, but nothing wrong with open air sporting...  I've seen the Boxsters kick ass at my home road course.

The six cylinder is awesome but I drove the turbo four and it's perfectly good.  Just a bit higher pitched and what goes with that.

HS

Yeah, I too would have picked the fixed roof over the convertible, but a convertible popped up that had the options I want so here we are! A reviewer I like says everyone should own a convertible at least once in their lives. I'm also in California where keeping the top down most of the year is a realistic option.

GTS has the same engine as the GT4, just revs to 7800 instead of 8000. Some suspension and aero changes as well but I'm going to be daily driving this thing. Also, markup on GT4s is insane.

I did ride alongs in the Cayman S and GT3 RS yesterday. Maybe some day if/when I make Partner we can think about the big RS!

Edited by TMoney
  • Like 1

I very much like the idea of the GTS's.  Hoping I get a shot at a 911 GTS one day, but I doubt it...LOL. The only thing I'm not a big fan of, aside from the always scary in Houston low stance (front axel lift FTW) is that most the GTS's I see have the center lock wheels.  I don't find them practical at all.  443ft lb target...  Even with the right kit, that's a lot of cranking down on something at the track should you need to swap tires/wheels.  I'd order w/o those, personally.

HS

• Like 1