Head Case Motorsports

VPI

I was parodying myself, HemiSam, just FYI.  I'm glad to see that it was accurate parody. :)  I have done some auto cross, but I'm sure you would kick me (and my little GTI's) heart-shaped ass.  I'm sorry about your son.  I can say, from experience, that is will likely get better with time.  It wounding all heels, and all.  I can't imagine a Porsche PDK being bad.  I've driven a first year 997 with PDK, and even that was an excellent transmission.

Edited by EdipisReks1
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, grawk said:

I like to shift but if there's no clutch why bother? Anyway I thought I'd miss it but with the torque curve on the 335d I don't do far.

I learned to drive on a stick as well, and as you well know in snowy/icy conditions, downshifting can offer much more control than simply braking. But I'm for whatever is the quickest shifting solution, and it's quite apparent that modern dual clutch, computer controlled transmissions are simply faster than the human element. I don't really miss the clutch. 55 y.o. working knees have something to do with that.

Thank you, Gents.  Sincerely appreciated.  I have my fingers crossed for the boy.  He is a 17 high school kiddo but truly means well.  Off to college later this year which will be our first out the door and a serious adjustment for the family.

I wish I had the pleasure of having met many of you in person as I expect my friendly banter is probably lost in translation.  I do intend it to be in good humor.

The only car I have left with an old school clutch is my little 1978 Datsun 280Z.  Just like the one I drove in college except this one only had 4 speeds and my original girl had overdrive (5th gear).  I bought it to teach my boys how to drive a synchro.  Fortunately my oldest son truly enjoys it.  Number two is TBD.  He just turned 16.

The Challenger used to have a 6 speed Tremec but I couldn't keep it alive with the increases in power.  Shame really.

HS

inspected nov 2015.JPG

• Like 6

Oh no...I hope your mom came out OK.

We had several of them in the family.  Started with 240's in the early 70's, Weber carbs and all.  I think they really became great cars with the addition of the Bosch fuel injection and overdrive....fun and practical.  Hard to beat the lines on them short of a Jag and that's another game altogether.

HS 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dreadhead said:

Dammit I just remembered that I took a picture of it a while back (hence the Christmas bow)

f929a3a4acb5d202081c00a742caaea6.jpg

Still sitting there with 7 miles on the odometer....

When are you picking it up? I figure you're getting this, and then you'll trade towards the new STI when it comes out. Makes tons of sense.

Also, if I ever make it up, will need to be on an autocross weekend. I'll co-drive to show you how it's done.

**BRENT**

On 1/18/2017 at 8:18 AM, Dreadhead said:

Dammit I just remembered that I took a picture of it a while back (hence the Christmas bow)

f929a3a4acb5d202081c00a742caaea6.jpg

Still sitting there with 7 miles on the odometer....

The problem with a new black car is that it goes from shiny to matt camo overnight when it snows or rains...  

My 2017 WRX LTD had 4.5 miles on the odometer when I bought it last November, and I like it a bit more than the STi that I was supposed to come home with - nicer ride, the STi performance exhaust is loud but not deafening, with much better gas mileage and better WAF.  

I used some of the savings to upgrade the amp and speakers, get BBS wheels for the summer tires and put snows on the OEM wheels, so I can change them myself at home in the spring. The rest of the savings vs STi will pay for the next 2 years of car insurance.  (I traded my son's 10 year old RAV4 and gave him my 2015 Forester XT to drive.) 

IMG_5413.jpg

IMG_5882.jpg

• Like 8