Adieu Old Friend

Aimless1

Adieu old friend.

Thunderstruck! When we met we immediately fell head over heels in love. You were shivering on the cold ground and I picked you up and put you inside my coat. You and I bonded immediately. A bond that can never break.

Birds. Oh my, the birds we sought and brought home. Endless hours together both doing what we loved most. I still have my first spent shell and feather from your first ruffed grouse. So many happy memories. And the bond We were always one. Always together. Always a team. Always forgiving each other for our faults and rejoicing in our successes. One heart. One mind. Together.

That, my friend, is what I will miss the most. I will miss being with you. I will miss your head in my lap. I will miss you slobbering on me. I will miss the glow in your eyes when I walked in the room. I will miss your gentle nature and intense drive to find those birds. 

Quest, you taught me what love is. Unconditional. Accepting. No judgement. Rejoicing in each other. I miss you my friend. I love you Quest. You may no longer be here but our bond will live on.

• Like 12

Thank you all.  

Poor Nitro is confused and somewhat lost.  No doubt he will be a different dog when he settles into his new reality just like Quest did when he became our only dog.  I had no idea Quest had touched so many lives. 

Tonight I raise my glass to Quest.  May your path be easy and your joy endless.  Until we meet again.  Skoal mate!

• Like 1