Closed - KGSSHV Carbon and GoldenReference HV PS Group Buy

mwl168

its an ultra quiet and extremely stable power supply. the on board version is suitable

for just about anything however, does not care. kind of overkill for kgsshv etc

but there still is nothing better.

how many are interested in this?

http://gilmore.chem.northwestern.edu/kgsshvcarboncirclotron.jpg

I'd certainly be interested in the circlotron boards.

The only difference between the V2 and V3 board is the addition of the opto server for the V3. The rest of the circuit is identical between V2 and V3.

I'll add a column to the table on my first post to track those that opt for the V3 boards.

I had asked for quotes on small quantity of the V3 boards in anticipation of this. I have a few caculations to do yet but at a quick glance and given the volumes we currently have, the V3 board will likely be 2x the cost of the V2 board. This is more due to the massive quantity ( > 120 ) we have on the V2 boards.

Same will likely apply to the single skinny PS which we have much lower volume than the other 2 PS options.

are you planning to fork your input  stage into its own board? should make that with melfs and cards like how stax does it haha

I'm a fan, seems like more flexibility for mounting

yes

I have to to get it in the box

but currently the 900v supplies are too big

not sure what to do about that yet

the 1kv connectors are huge, but have not

found suitable wire yet. the 5kv wire is a bit

hard to work with.

Edited by kevin gilmore

Mine is correct.

Please add 2 skinny power supply boards for me.

If the V3 amp board is going ahead then 2 x V2 and 2 x V3.

I am interested in the circlotron boards too if there is a group buy.

Edited by samsie

yes

I have to to get it in the box

but currently the 900v supplies are too big

not sure what to do about that yet

the 1kv connectors are huge, but have not

found suitable wire yet. the 5kv wire is a bit

hard to work with.

a bit hard to piece together with mental images. if you're still committed to the 5u case, there's the option of using their riser plates in order to get some inner surface area, in the spirit of mitochondrial walls erector sets:

57d38b99211fe3f59fddd675348ade48.jpg

Edited by nopants

Updated the GB participants details in my first post, added one column for the Carbon V3 amp board and updated the numbers based on the recent posts. Please check and let me know if correction is needed.

Quotes continues to come in and I have some ball park figures for the board cost but they will change because of the fluctuations of numbers.

I traced the single fat boards today but not the skinny ones yet. Again, I cannot guarantee there are no issues in any of the boards included in this GB, any help with tracing the boards will help identify potential issues so Kevin can correct them before we have the boards fabricated.

Thanks!  

Edited by mwl168

Just a heads up!

I asked Kevin to do a split version of both the Golden Reference HV without the Bias supply, and with the big caps be off board for direct chassie mounting. Also asked for a split version of GR LV, and asked Kevin to do a Bias Supply that have both PRO and NB. Finally I asked Kevin to do all boards less than 2U(80mm) in width 

The HV PSU has always been made of two positive PSUs in series, so the only difference between a +/-HV and two +HV in series will be the PCBs are cut in two.

In rgrds to LV PSU, Kevin has done a real complementary negative PSU for the GR LV, but according to Kevin there are no advantage/disadvantage to use two postive LVs in series to get +/- LV.

So as far as I can see, the positive single PSU boards gives everybody more fleksibility in terms of how to mount in a chassie, without any real disadvantage (apart from a bit of extra wire).

I am pretty sure that Kevin can be pursuaded to do a 'usual' LV (78/7915 type) for those who prefere that to the Golden Reference LV.

I suggest that the GB offers either the full PSU (HV/LV/Bias/caps onboard) or Single HV (caps offboard), single LV, Bias(w. PRO & NB) 

I think Mike should clarify (sooner rather than later) what he does and doesn't want to offer...I'm too lazy to keep track of all the forks at this point. You seem to have gotten like 2 unique versions of the supplies for use in your own case?

Based on what's in his sheet as of today, I'll change/fix my entry to:

4x V3 amp boards
2x dual psu (1 set)
1x single fat PS
1x single skinny PS

and similar to Kerry I'll pencil in interest for the Golden Reference LV.

Updated the GB participants details in my first post, added one column for the Carbon V3 amp board and updated the numbers based on the recent posts. Please check and let me know if correction is needed.

Quotes continues to come in and I have some ball park figures for the board cost but they will change because of the fluctuations of numbers.

I traced the single fat boards today but not the skinny ones yet. Again, I cannot guarantee there are no issues in any of the boards included in this GB, any help with tracing the boards will help identify potential issues so Kevin can correct them before we have the boards fabricated.

Thanks!  

I have updated my post to 4x V3 Amp boards.

Below is the updated list.

V3 Amp pcb

4 boards

DUAL PSU pcb

4 boards

Dual LV PS pcb

4 boards

Thanks for organizing the GB

I'll add Golden Reference LV options to the GB, both the dual (goldenreferce3.zip) and singles (goldenrefernceplus4.zip and goldenreferenceminus4.zip). Help will be needed to trace these boards, I may not have time to trace them all before placing the order. Again, keep in mind that board cost will be high if volume is low.

I'll also add the NB board option but I don't think Kevin has posted the Gerber file yet. It's a stand alone board that provides both pro and normal bias.

Heres and online copy of the latest overview from MWL168; I hope I got everyone right (please check)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GWDWwLfsIDtwn1HB-x76lS6WyWwLd5lwsORFKiUuuEQ/edit?usp=sharing

If someone whats to participate please add your alias by first adding a blank line above the "END" (I guess the SUM will continue to work that way).

/S

Edited by sorenb