Closed - KGSSHV Carbon and GoldenReference HV PS Group Buy

mwl168

Looks like many people switched from v2 to v3 boards since the last time I checked the spreadsheet. Will there be a significant price difference between the v2 and v3 run based on the quotes you have seen already? I don't have a technical preference for one or the other, so should probably go for the cheaper one. If they end up costing about the same, I guess I can just stay with v2 boards.

Indeed the V2 and V3 board numbers have changed drastically in the last week or so. I won't know the cost difference until I get the new quotes based on the updated quantities.

pcbnet actually has the large board runs made in china.

only the rapid response stuff is made in Illinois

quality is very good however, the T2 boards were made by them

(my production)

That's very interesting and good to know. At the end what we really do care is the quality in relation to cost. Wonder which china fab house PCBNET uses?  :laugh:

Could someone specify the transformer requirements (current) for the carbon 400V (=standard) and 450V?? version?

2x xxxVAC ...mA

16-0-16VAC ....mA

I think I should mention that I am refering to the new GR HV PSU.

Edited by insanity

there have been updates in the boards to replace the 1 x 300k or 510k resistor

with 2 x cmf60 resistors. although there is conflicting information from Vishay

with 2 documents saying different specs for the cmf60.

I think that in any case, the 2 x cmf60 has to work because the total power is 1 watt

and the total maximum voltage is 550v

someone have a different idea, I can certainly do that.

the pdf I am going by is this

http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/427/cmfind-239942.pdf

the conflicting document is this

http://www.vishay.com/docs/31027/CMFMIL.pdf

Edited by kevin gilmore

Someone has altered the spreadsheet and added the total sum of each column in the bottom, and that someone apparently did not notice that excatly the same sum is in the top ...I don't mind if people wants the sum in the bottom ...but counting in something twice isn't the best idea ....suddenly there was more than 600 boards in the GB?? if someone wants to enhance the sheet please make sure you know what you are doing  ::)

oh that was me I didn't notice the sums at the top...was just trying to see where I could be opportunistic about adding boards. my apologies

Nice thought anyways  ::)

I have added a separate sheet that links to the official, and have a consistency check, so MWL168 can see if someone is changing their values, I assume he is going to lock the GB within the next 24 hours.

if you wire the 4 wire caps the way they want you to wire,

the board would have to change a fair bit to use those

caps, then you could only use those caps.

(board sizes would stay exactly the same)

5 more board types...

I can do that...

not sure how they would like getting I+ wired to O+ and I- wired to O-

if anyone has experience with these caps...

Edited by kevin gilmore

While I do like Mundorf's film capacitors (no experience with their electrolytic caps), my vote is to let builders have more freedom to use capacitors of their choices and not be limited to a single choice.

Edited by mwl168

While I do like Mundorf's film capacitors (no experience with their electrolytic caps), my vote is to let builders have more freedom to use capacitors of their choices and not be limited to a single choice.

Fully agree!

//UFN

from the GB spreadsheet it looks like people wants 30 Dual HV, 88 FAT HV PSU and 18 Skinny PSU which translate into (30+88) x 4  + 18 x 2 = 508 caps.

There´s an Estonian seller on the bay that sells those Mundorf at 29€ ....might get a better price if ordering a bunch

Edited by sorenb