Closed - KGSSHV Carbon and GoldenReference HV PS Group Buy

mwl168

I received official quote from PCBnet for 2mm, 3oz copper HV PS boards. The end cost difference is quite reasonable ($1 for the Dual and $0.5 for the Fat, see details in the spreadsheet). I have updated the spreadsheet with this change.

I am also proposing that we drop the HV Single Skinny board option altogether. Except for DonnyHiFi and chiguy, all others have decided to switch over to either the Dual or the Fat HV PS.  I took the liberty to switch DonnyHiFi and chiguy’s options to the Fat boards. Please let me know if you have objections.

I have also updated quantities based on PMs and postings in the last few days. I now consider the quantities final. Please review and let me know if I missed something.

By end of this weekend I will post logistics of how I will collect the payments from all and proceed to place our order with PCBnet.

Thanks all for your patience.   

EDIT 8/6: removed GB detail sheet to avoid confusion. See the most current sheet a few posts down.

Edited by mwl168

I have asked for new quotes for the GR LV Single and Bias boards with sorenb dropping his order for these boards as his order accounted for large percentage of the quantities (30% and 42% respectively).

I will update the sheet when I receive the quotes.

I have asked for new quotes for the GR LV Single and Bias boards with sorenb dropping his order for these boards as his order accounted for large percentage of the quantities (30% and 42% respectively).

I will update the sheet when I receive the quotes.

Depending on the cost increase of the LV singles maybe we should decide to go for duals. But lets see how much they cost. 

Further more I just had the idea, if it wouldn't be possbile to make a board layout for the LV supplies that is produced as a dual board, but could be spilt in the middle into singles, if someone needs them separated. Of course there would be more connectors and mounting holes than on the conventional dual and a "perforated/predrilled" line in the middle? The single trace that crosses the midline on the dual board could be jumpered with a wire or something. AMBs stepped attenuator boards do something similar.

Has anyone ever thought about something like this?

Edited by insanity

Here is the updated GB detail sheet with the new quotes on the GR LV Single and Bias boards.

I like to now start collecting payments from all. Please send your payment to my PayPal account ( [email protected] ) by end of Tuesday, Aug. 11. I'll place our order with PCBnet when I receive all payments.

Here is the logistics:

For participants with US domestic shipping address:

1. include your HeadCase ID and shipping address in the note of your PayPal payment

2. add $6.1 US to your total listed, the $6.1 will cover the USPS flat rate priority mail shipping from me to you.

For non-US shipping address:

1. include your HeadCase ID and shipping address in the note of your PayPal payment

2. I will PM you your shipping charge when I receive the boards from PCBnet. Actual shipping charge will need to be determined based on the actual weight of your boards and your shipping address.

If you prefer not to use PayPal Gift, please include in your payment the applicable PayPal fee. This fee varies from country to country, you'll need to look it up at PayPal’s web site.

Please let me know if I missed something.

Edited by mwl168