Closed - KGSSHV Carbon and GoldenReference HV PS Group Buy

mwl168

I placed our order of the boards with PCBnet today and received order confirmation. The boards should be ready to deliver to me by August 27 or sooner. I am going to start working on preparation for packaging and shipping in the next few days. 

I will keep you all posted:)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of mounting (pun intended, sorry!), does anyone have recommendations for finding appropriate angle brackets? I don't have easy access to a machine shop to make my own, and it doesn't look like attaching transistor tabs directly to the heatsinks is an option here. 

I agree with Aive. I am also planning on using backets from my local hardware store. I will do the cutting and drilling myself (not that many holes needed per bracket). But if someone has no access to a drillpress and saw, this could be difficult. 

I was also thinking if a thickness of 2-3mm was enough, but thats the only thing they sell. 

I once used some 30mm x 30mm x 5mm angle for the brackets. I bent the legs of a 10M90S 90deg so they align with there corresponding holes exactly, however once i put a ceramic washer 2mm thick i believe underneath, the legs of the 10M90S were barely visible from the other side! i now use 3mm thick angle (E-bay) and it seems to work just fine.

Got it, so the brackets go on the the PCB top, the silicon is bent horizontal to bolt to the angle bottom, and the angle vertical then bolts to the side mounted heatsink. 

I've only finished the KGST and KGSST so far with the on board heatsinks, got a Megatron board done except the final silicon (PS has the offboard heatsink), and a DIYT2 so haven't figured out how the offboard heatsinking is supposed to work. Makes sense, thx

There will be a few days delay in shipping of boards. I apologize.

Went down to the main USPS office Saturday morning to pick up packaging supply only to be told that they do not have any of the kind I need in stock and that I have to order them online.  Placed the order last night and it says it will take 3 - 5 business days.

Boards are sorted and ready to be packaged. The boards appear to be very good quality by visual inspection.

Carbon_GB_boards.thumb.JPG.89b5024935bc3

I am sorry I don't have good news on the USPS shipping.

The two kinds of packing containers I ordered a week ago, one did not arrive this week (supposed to be 3 -5 business days, it has been 6 days now), the one arrived today was not what I ordered (wrong dimension).  Went down to another post office and was told again that they too do not have those containers in stock. Very disappointing!

I did pick up a few containers that's only good for domestic priority shipping and cannot accommodate the GR HV Dual PSU. It's also not padded like the one I ordered. I will start shipping domestic orders that do not include the GR HV Dual boards.

I apologize again for this delay.   

A bit of good news following the disappointing news last; my wife was able to score a few of the USPS containers (large padded priority mail envelope) I have been expecting from a grocery store of all places today. The attached photo is some of the packages ready to be shipped. As you can see some of them are still awaiting their containers. 

The photo is out of focus on purpose to protect privacy:)   

0906_Carbon_GB_packages.thumb.JPG.83fad0

Edited by mwl168