goldenreference low voltage power supply

kevin gilmore

Ah ok, thanks. Interesting so with the 18vac I will get 25.4vdc need to drop the rest and have enough current left.

35 minutes ago, mwl168 said:

Agree with cspirou that 13V drop for 20V regulated output is likely excessive.

How much current does your application draw from each rails? The GRLV's dropout voltage varies with load - the higher the load the higher the dropout voltage. 

For my balanced CPA2 amp which I set it up to draw about 1A each rail, I have to use a transformer with 22v secondaries to support 22VDC regulated rails from the GRLV.

Dynalo Mk2 

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 4:43 PM, MrSlim said:

Hey Kerry, 

Are you making the Gerbers available for these boards, or do you happen to have a few spares you could part with?    I'm thinking that these might make a nice little +- 15V power supply for a DAC board I have on the way.  I would also thinking about a second + supply for 3.3V, if it could be configured that low.

I've been utterly swamped at work, but I can get the Gerbers over to Kevin in the next week or so.  I'd love for someone to do a group buy for assembled boards.  I don't have the time for that.

I want to use GRLV for my new headphone amplifier. But I need 30V power supply with 3 sockets, and place for large capacitors in the filter (up to 35mm in diameter), and I want to use Elna Silmic II 220uf, 50V as output capacitors. And I spent two evenings to made my own GRLV pcb, simultaneously learning kicad. This is the first pcb in my life, which I have made myself. I also replaced the diode bridges with the fast diodes MUR820, and shunted them with ceramic capacitors. Perhaps someone will find this useful. But I'm not sure of the complete absence of errors ).

Gerbers: https://drive.google.com/open?id=15m6y5CElB4RjW0pRd9Lu47jA_6w2T-0V

Project: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bV1xTn5Iw3sC_sxR5AL8iZZ5hN85-95U

• Like 1