Windows 10 - Who's upgrading tomorrow?

I think I'm going to. Usually I'm suspicious of new versions of Windows, since there have been a few missteps in the past, but the reviews I've read of 10 are very positive. I've never used 8, so I'll be going straight from 7 to 10. And the price is right as well!

I have 7 on one my MBA via Parallels, and 8 on a cheap Windows something or other that my son uses. I hated 8, so never upgraded it on the MBA.

I wouldn't mind upgrading to 10 on the MBA, but would probably also have to upgrade Parallels along with it, so it'd have to be a worthwhile upgrade to make it worth the cost (time, learning new OS ... is it always free to those with 7, or for a limited time?).

Steve, do you have a printer set up, and if so is it working OK?  My printer is an older Laserjet 1320N, but I worry about my multi-function and drivers for that.

Someone on H-F also said they're USB DAC stopped working.....my only other concern, as the laptop I'll be upgrading is one of my "music machines."

Did a bootcamp install on my rMBP tonight. I need to sort some things as right now things are very tiny due to a default Windows video driver and I have no right-click ability. But I need to know it for work so this will be the easiest way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both problems stemmed from the fact that Apple has not updated the bootcamp driver package to support Windows 10 yet. So I ended up wiping Windows 10, installing Windows 8.1, which is supported by bootcamp, and then immediately upgrading to Windows 10. Now I have a better video driver and right-click is working. So a little extra time spent but a working system. And Win 10 seems to really like the MBP hardware as it's very quick and responsive.

• Like 1