Windows 10 - Who's upgrading tomorrow?

Ran the update on the 30th and it locked out my network.  I had Hyper-V installed and it messed up the virtual switch.  Good thing I know something about computers and was able to fix this.  I reported the bug to them.

Otherwise, I've been running the preview for a couple of months and I like the push back to desktop mode.  Even the Tablet mode is more consumable by Windows 7 users.  Not as much of a context switch.

I upgraded on the i7-4790/SSD/32GB RAM machine on day 1. Took hour 45.

I upgraded on the i7-3537u/SSD/4GB ram. Took 28 minutes.

Both came from Win 8.1 installs, and I'm not sure why the (much more powerful) desktop took longer (SSD in that one is slower, but it's still a current model SSD), but W10 has been great for me after a restart for the nVidia driver to realize what's up.

I AM a bit frustrated by the fact that the guest account doesn't work in W10. I think they took it out in June or July. There's still a way to dig in and activate it, but it's really buggy. (I'd let someone use my comp, but I tend to always lock my machines when I walk away, out of habit.)

**BRENT**

• 3 weeks later...

Upgraded a cheap Acer laptop that my grandson has.  Light use ... mostly Minecraft and the odd school project.  It was full of crap from Win 8.1 and buildup from errant surfing, so downloaded Win 10 to USB for a clean install.  All good ... wiped HD to single partition and installed Win 10.  Happy, happy, till I saw that laptop's touchpad was not recognized.  I beliieve it is synaptics.  Downloaded latest drivers from both Acer and Synaptice.  No love.  Ran setup from each, but problem is that Win 10 does not SEE nor Recognize that there is a touchpad.  Lots of on line chatter and references to same problem, but no fix.

Any advice from the HC braintrust?

Yeah, I hate touchpads too, so contributed a mouse to keep things going.  Jack (grandson) likes using mouse for quickness, so all good.

Curious, though, as to how widespread this is, and how quickly M$soft and hardware makers will take to resolve.

You might try to look through any available updates for Windows. The needed driver could be among those.
I've upgraded an old Samsung NC10 from Win7 -> Win10, and the Synaptics has been exchanged for PS/2 compatible driver from Microsoft, and works just fine
As a last resort you might try the Synaptics driver from Lenovo as it seems to work under Windows 10

Win 10 touchpad issue sorted.  Decided to peek into BIOS settings, and found that Touchpad had two optione - Basic or Advanced functions.  It was set to Advanced, which likely requires drivers that haven't been done for Win 10 yet.  Set to Basic, and on booting up, Touchpad was found, and all good.

• Like 5