Major Forum Software Upgrade - August 5, 2015

tkam

Tomorrow starting at approximately 9PM EST I will be performing a major upgrade of the forum software.  The new version is a complete rewrite of the forum software from the ground up, so there are many, many changes to it.  Due to this the upgrade itself will possibly take several hours during which time the forums will be inaccessible.  Once the upgrade is done there are several background tasks that must finish to restore fully functionality of the site.  These tasks could take anywhere from 24-48 hours to complete.  During that time the following features will be not function correctly:  search, attachments, embedded videos, and some images, etc.  The tapatalk app and the dark theme will also not be available during that time period.

I'll update this thread once the work begins to keep everyone updated on the progress of everything.

Thanks

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin

• Like 6

Your bulletin board is a literal bulletin board, right?

yeah it used to use one of those free forum software hosting sites, then I changed it to a dial up BBS with lots of gifs and warez, now it is a literal bulletin board with just pictures of my dogs and a recipe for mexican rice tacked up there. pretty cool though.

• Like 2

I'd like the recipe, if you don't mind.

its pretty much the most basic thing ever but its delicious:

1 onion

1 jalapeno

1 can rotel

1 pound lean ground beef

1 packet taco seasoning

1-2 cups of short grain brown rice (or whatever rice you like)

1 shitload of garlic

Cheese of your choice

1. Cook rice in rice cooker 

2. Dice up your onion and jalapeno and shitload of garlic

3. Throw all veggies in a large saucepan with a little olive oil on medium heat, saute until onions start to get translucent. Season veggies with a lil' salt n pepper.

4. Add ground beef and brown

5. Drain the ground beef if you want. I don't, but people seem to like doing that so whatever.

6. Add taco seasoning packet and stir well

7. Add can of rotel tomatoes, heat.

8. Throw in cup or two of cooked rice, stir it up, let get friendly

9. Add cheese either to the whole dish or individual portions, as you like.

really easy, stupid delicious, very spicy. of course you can get creative with the veggies you use. I threw in diced celery last time instead of jalapeno and it was the bomb.

Edited by postjack

FYI - one of the things broken currently is how quoted posts show up.  I wasn't aware that would happen so figured I'd mention it now, as it could easily make things difficult to read.  It should clear up once the background processes finish running.  They are progressing pretty nicely so far.

Good news, the background processes took less time than expected and have all finished running.  This means that search, attachments, etc, etc should all be functioning correctly now.

I'll look at adding Tapatalk and a dark theme back over the next few days.

• Like 1