Major Forum Software Upgrade - August 5, 2015

tkam

I've noticed that quite a number of pages (about 60 or so) have been purged in the Stax thread after the website upgrade. Like I'll google for some posts that shows up Stax thread head-case page 463 but when I click on it, it directs me to page 4 and there is only 406 pages in the Stax thread. 

Highly doubting any data was lost, possibly different number of pages due to all the posts/threads being rebuilt.  So if there had been lots of deletions over the years in that thread, the rebuild would have reset the post count for the thread to how many posts actually exist right now, which would in turn change the number of pages.

Also, I made several changes last night, mostly server config changes to help with overall speed and such of the site so that should be better now.

Edited by tkam
  • Like 1

One thing I used to use sometimes was the "preview post" button. Any chance of getting it back?

This! Also, I cannot seem to figure out how to go to the first unread post of the thread.

Otherwise everything else is good. The new look is great, speed is fine and notifications are working. Thanks for all the hard work.

Highly doubting any data was lost, possibly different number of pages due to all the posts/threads being rebuilt.  So if there had been lots of deletions over the years in that thread, the rebuild would have reset the post count for the thread to how many posts actually exist right now, which would in turn change the number of pages.

Also, I made several changes last night, mostly server config changes to help with overall speed and such of the site so that should be better now.

This is having a noticeable effect here. Pages load way faster, including the ones with pics that right after the update were slow like a snail. Thank you!

Edited by Torpedo

I've noticed that quite a number of pages (about 60 or so) have been purged in the Stax thread after the website upgrade. Like I'll google for some posts that shows up Stax thread head-case page 463 but when I click on it, it directs me to page 4 and there is only 406 pages in the Stax thread. 

Why don't you search inside HC -- the search feature is strong and you can do it inside threads or globally -- and see if you find the stuff you think is missing.

Minor thing Todd and may be on Tapatalk's side -- if you post a picture through them then, no matter where you put the caption (i.e. below), it will always show up on the main site on the same line as the picture. 

Similarly OCD, is there an option to allow edits within a short time period (say 5 minutes?) without the post being flagged as edited. This is purely for fat fingers etc., not changes of heart.

:)

Minor thing Todd and may be on Tapatalk's side -- if you post a picture through them then, no matter where you put the caption (i.e. below), it will always show up on the main site on the same line as the picture. 

Similarly OCD, is there an option to allow edits within a short time period (say 5 minutes?) without the post being flagged as edited. This is purely for fat fingers etc., not changes of heart.

:)

I've seen the same Tapatalk photo effect. And occasionally Tapatalk will post in very small font with the "Sent from Tapatalk" or whatever in small font directly after the post text. And as Stretch says, these very well may be Tapatalk issues.

There's a weird thing in Tapatalk where images or words are not visible in a post but then you quote the post and you can see the missing elements.  The online version does not have this issue.  The libations thread had one instance and the consumerism thread had another tonight.  Strange.

There seems to be an intermittent issue when I try to respond to a PM. When I tap the "Reply to ..." link, instead of giving me a text box to type my reply, it asks me to attach a file. But this problem comes and goes.

Also, any chance of bringing back the posting numbers? It's a useful feature when referring to information in postings.

Thanks!

I've noticed this one a few times. When in New Content mode, and reading a thread, if I hit the New Content again, I get

Sorry, there is a problem

Please wait 1 seconds before attempting another search

Error code: 1C205/3

Very nice job on the upgrade Todd! It does seem faster and for the most part works very well.

Edited by Pars