Major Forum Software Upgrade - August 5, 2015

tkam

Also, any chance of bringing back the posting numbers? It's a useful feature when referring to information in postings.

The functionality was removed in the new version of the software due it not actually being an accurate number in most cases.  Only way it'd come back is if someone builds a plugin for it.  You can always just the direct link to a post by clicking the share icon and copying the post url from there.  

What happened to the Spectrum theme.  None of my devices show it anymore.  Did I miss something?

Sorry about that, there's was an update for the theme and installing that seems to have reset what groups the theme was available for.  I've fixed that now.

Is there a way we can set things so that it only shows the desktop view (and not the mobile view)?  Whenever I set chrome to only take up half the monitor on my computer, it changes the forum to the mobile version (which I don't like so much).  

Nevermind:  Changing the theme to "Desktop" fixed this. 

Edited by shellylh

Nothing I can do about that, no new updates for tapatalk on the server side.

How come every time I go from a thread to the Forums button next to the chat button I get thrown out and have to sign back in again?

I can't really think of anything that would cause that, try clearing out your browser cookies and see if that helps.

That would be unlikely as I use CCleaner to clear out the cookies in my computer before shutting down, and usually come here first to catch up on the DIY thread.

This problem has been plaguing me for a few days so far;.

Edit: The issue seems to have corrected itself when I tried it just now.   btw, I am using Firefox as my browser.

Edited by wink
update

This is the least important thing in the world, but is it still possible to view a list of members and sort by join date? That's how I know who to welcome in the welcome thread. As it stands there is the most recent member shown on the main page, but by just relying on that i'm sure i'm missing some other people.

thanks!

I've noticed this one a few times. When in New Content mode, and reading a thread, if I hit the New Content again, I get

Sorry, there is a problem

Please wait 1 seconds before attempting another search

Error code: 1C205/3

Very nice job on the upgrade Todd! It does seem faster and for the most part works very well.

Figured that problem out. The New Content mode works as a real time filter, so all I need to do is hit the back button in the browser to go back to New Content, with the previous thread I was in now filtered out.

However, there is a related but different problem when using the page buttons which is really a bug. When I have more than 1 page of New Content, trying to go back to the 1st page of content usually results in the above error message.

The New Content thing happens to me all the time.  When you hit that link or even hit "Back" as Chris says, the forum automatically does a search for new content, which is different than it used to be.  Previously, if you were on the New Content page, clicked on a thread, then clicked Back, you would get exactly the same list of New Content as before (i.e., not a new search for all new content).  Now that it does a search when you hit Back, if you have the same old instinct to hit the New Content button again, the forum gives you an error and tells you to wait 1 or 2 seconds between searches (Error Code 1C205/3).  If you get out of the habit of hitting the button again, you still get all the new content without the error messages.  Kapisch?

Edited by Voltron