Closed - Group Buy - Caps 680uF/550V

sorenb

GROUP BUY CLOSED! 4. november 2015

Group buy for Mundorf caps (started in the Carbon GB thread by MWL168)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GWDWwLfsIDtwn1HB-x76lS6WyWwLd5lwsORFKiUuuEQ/edit#gid=2024111922

The amounts has been locked, and participants requested to state their location: country/state/postal, in order to estimate shipping costs.

Estimated delivery is 43 for the lot and 46 for the remainder. Working on getting on delivery week. /20150916

Update:

"680uF caps are comming 23/10 (according to FTCap). As soon as I have got those I'll post pics, and start shipping" 17/10-2015.

Edited by sorenb

For the past week I have been working with another Head-Case member (JDineshk) to be able to provide caps equal to the Mundorf currently offered, but at only 12USD/cap.

The caps are from FTCap in Germany, and have similar specs as the Mundorfs. The pinout and physical size of the FTCaps are compatible with the Golden Reference PSU boards. As far as I understand from my discussions with JDineshk, the FTCaps are of similar quality to the Mundrofs. The Group Buy will get the FTCaps directly from the manufactor thus we obtain a quite reasonable price on those.

I have updated the group buy sheet with two extra columns. Please show your interest in either. 

Thanks

Great. I'm in for 12, since that costs less than 4 Mundorfs (or 4 Kemets for that matter). I'll take your and JDineshk's word that they're similar to Mundorfs. Maybe you should ping the Carbon GB thread? I think many more people follow that one.

Are you sure about the height? I thought the Mundorfs were 100mm, not 76mm.

@GepardCV: right now we are probing interest to see how many we need to order ....quantum of 80 ... I will swap my Mundorf for the FTCaps ...

Hi Soren,

I would like to switch to the FT caps (16pcs)  from the Mundorfs (8pcs), I have added the preference to the spreadsheet.

With 16pcs the FT cap total is now 84, is that over the minimum order quantity ?

Thanks.

Yes, the 680uf/550v capacitor from FT Cap is a special order capacitor.  I have been working them for 2-3 weeks to convince them to do it.  I am not in a position to state that Mundorf gets their capacitors from FT Cap and we need to be careful with that type of information.  FT Cap has been in business for a long time and I have ordered many cases of caps from them over 5-6 years and never had a problem with one of them.

Thanks.

• Like 1