YAGB: Keithley 2015 THD Multimeter

Earspeakers

Yet Another Group Buy: Keithley 2015 THD Multimeter

Except I won't participate as I have one already. The person I bought it from (in Korea) has many more for sale. Shipping is separate, so presumably you could buy them in lot and have them shipped individually to everybody from the source, pretty convienant. 

Pricing: (Used and functional units)

more than 3 : USD $270 each
more than 5 : USD $250 each
more than 10 : USD $220 each

It needs a central person to manage the money and information. If there is interest in a Group Buy and a leader who wants to take it, I'll forward the contact information. 

Please indicate your interest (how many) and whether you'd be willing to lead it on this thread for a rough interest check. 

Edited by Earspeakers

birgir got one from likely the same source, I bought one from a usa source.

for sure they are all going to need new VF displays which are about $100 with shipping from Tektronix.

The replacement of the display is not easy, many very fine traces, need the proper unsolder gun.

that said, these are great for doing electrostatic measurements as they go higher in voltage than any other thing out there

but have a low end limit of about .02%

FWIW my VF display is fine. Not new brightness but more than usable, as long as I don't leave it on 24/7 it should last years. 

But yes that is definitely a possibility with these older DMM's, as I'm guessing these were used in a Korea production line and so were probably just left on.