Opera

luvdunhill

So, I have accumulated a good amount of Opera over the years and have decided to take a systematic approach to listening through it. Some of the stuff has decent libretti and notes included, but I am looking for some additional external sources. I definitely would like a compendium that includes English translations, as I have a lot of Euro releases without any English, but also looking for reviews of performances and what not. Any recommendations of some things I can grab on Amazon?

My goal is to do headphone (audio-only) listen-through and then BluRay / move theater / live and then back to a speaker rig (audio-only, probably) over say the next 3 years.

• Like 1

MetHD never caught on around here, but the on-demand service could be cool when you get to part 2. 

Also http://operamusicbroadcast.com (currently streaming several Living Stereos). 

Opera was at the forefront of internet streaming and in many cases sadly still stuck on RealAudio, etc. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...