Complex Folder Deletion program?

Friends,

I recently had JRiver reorganize my music folder by ARTST\ALBUM\TRACK.  My old scheme was ARTIST - ALBUM\TRACK.  I like the new one better from an aesthetic point of view, and because I enjoy folders.  The problem is, now I have a shit ton of folders labelled something like "Bjork - Vespertine" that contain nothing except .log and .cue files, and perhaps some .jpg art files or liner notes.  I prefer to embed that stuff in the track, so I don't need the extra files.  

I'd love to have a program that I could tell to delete any folder that did not contain (or whose subfolder did not contain) a music file.  Does something like that exist?

I'd probably write a little script either with a regex to search for the "-" if none of the new folders have that, or else to search for folders with only certain types of files. The only real trick to doing it that way is to do test runs that list what will be deleted so you don't lose something important. I don't know of anything that already exists.

Friends,

I recently had JRiver reorganize my music folder by ARTST\ALBUM\TRACK.  My old scheme was ARTIST - ALBUM\TRACK.  I like the new one better from an aesthetic point of view, and because I enjoy folders.  The problem is, now I have a shit ton of folders labelled something like "Bjork - Vespertine" that contain nothing except .log and .cue files, and perhaps some .jpg art files or liner notes.  I prefer to embed that stuff in the track, so I don't need the extra files.  

I'd love to have a program that I could tell to delete any folder that did not contain (or whose subfolder did not contain) a music file.  Does something like that exist?

how about renaming the root of the tree eg. c:\music -> c:\music_old

make a new folder having the original name c:\music

do xcopy /s c:\music_old\*.flac  c:\music\

xcopy /s c:\music_old\*.jp*  c:\music\ etc

rmdir c:\music_old

shouldn't take that long ...

If you want jpg's to be embedded mp3tag.de is a powerful tool that let you embed folder.jpg in each folder into the flac's ...

• Like 2