Spritzer stars in Innerfidelity Big Sound 2015 video - (but not in person!)

complin

A friend visited my place around five weeks ago with his then recently got SR-007A's which he bought from PJ, he also brought his KGSSHV.

We listened to those 007's and my 009's with the BHSE and KGSSHV, and we preferred the 009's with both amps, however those 007A's hadn't had that mod done Birgir's recommended, so I'll mention it to my friend. ( assuming he hasn't already seen it )

P. S. His 007A's did sound a lot better than the two 007mk2's I heard sometime ago with the BHSE.

I have allot of respect for what bob does, but the lcd-3? Sorry Bob you lost me on that one. It is a nice headphone but the hd800/Teton is much nicer on all levels...big time.

I was a bit surprised that the gent who was so good at guessing the amps preferred the Bakoon but at the same time tyll was using lack luster tubes in the Teton.

Edited by jib

Just using the tubes Todd gave me, and the one's he said were the best of those.

I have allot of respect for what todd does as well, but do you think he listens to the Teton 3 hours a day like me when he has all that great gear at his finger tips? Me thinks not.

It does look like he sent you the most important tube which is a 6sn7w. With any other 6sn7 you will def. choke the 6as7g and 5u4g big time. However with a 6sn7w in place you can really and I mean really take the Teton to new heights with a 422a/with glenn adapter and GEC6as7g. Trust me I have tried the cv593 and 6558 and you are bottlenecking it.

Have you ever tried out a stock set of tubes supplied with an amp and not find improvements elsewhere? At least in my experience the stock tubes are almost always terrible. I also have a hard time believing woo sent you Takatsuki's.

Can YOU please review this amp again. Sorry but the Teton review was crap. I like skylab but he used the wrong headphone (lcd-3) and even you seem to agree.

Edited by jib

Oh good god.  It's just a review. 

Oh mother mary all I did was a review of the review.

I've also heard of this thing called personal preference.

I've also heard of this thing of amp builders being stuck with providing lack luster stock tubes for their amps because the tubes have to be bought in bulk. I have also heard some tubes cost allot and subsequently raise the price of the amp too much. 

There are other places that might sit your needs better than headcase

Suit?  Tyll  opened the door by claiming that he used totl interconnects, power cables, power conditioners and headphone cables to ensure the best results. That sort of includes tubes imo if you are going to include tube amps.

It is also not just me who does not like the cv593 and 6558 in the Teton. Dubstep girl does not like those tubes either. I can not think of a person that knows more about hd800's and tubes than her. Pretty sure she had every 5u4g, 6as7g, and almost all the 6sn7's at one point in time. I would also be glad to send tyll my 422a with adapter, gec 6as7g and 6sn7w for nothing.  

I have what 19 posts on here in 9 months why the fuck do you care what I have to say? For what is worth I liked the video.

I don't care what you have to say, that's my point.  This is all covered in the welcome message.

Edited by grawk

I don't care what you have to say, that's my point.  This is all covered in the welcome message.

You have a fucked up way of showing it and I have already been over this with another moderator and you guys don't have a clue as to what is in the welcome message.

you guys don't have a clue as to what is in the welcome message.

Many/most of us do, sorry; and there's parts of it you're not getting.  A lot of it has to do with the fact that someone relatively new coming in, educated or not (and you do seem to have good experience with the Teton), and being as figuratively loud as you have been in this thread, is not looked upon so kindly here.  Then the reaction to the reaction escalates it as well.

I think you'll get on fine overall, I'd just recommend chilling a bit and enjoying the ride.  None of us are perfect, but we're perfectly fine here.

just can't help yourself. pissing contests are held regularly over at head-fi and the pirate site. try competing there.

Tyll and I had our say many days ago, at least I did. I don't know what grawk's deal is/was but it looks like he moved on as well. I think you are the one who can not help yourself.