New Apple Products Annoucements

Grahame

screen-shot-2015-08-27-at-9-17-10-am.png

You know we'll all be talking about it, might as well have a thread devoted to it.

The Register was on (sarcastic) point as ever with it's live tweet stream

https://twitter.com/TheRegister/timelines/641647543785381889

Or taking the piss out of the hype 

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/09/09/apple_iphone_ipad_event_live/

Other reports are available.

Key Points

Discuss

Edited by Grahame
Better Tapatalk formatting, el reg links

Sad the AppleTV lost the toslink output (especially with greater Apple Music integration). 

Though the presentation wasn't super exciting, its timing hit right for needing a new iPhone, iPad, (both lost to previous job) and after waiting forever for the Apple TV revision. So my wallet is probably getting killed this time. Also looking forward to the watchOS update. 

Apple TV for sure. Beyond that I think I'm good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty much this.  The Pro seems, well, odd, as it now firmly price competes with what I think are much better actual laptops.  There are times my existing iPad seems too big for the limited use it has (for me anyway) of essentially being a content consumption, time-wasting device.  

ipad pro get's my vote!

The limited real estate of the previous versions made doing real work super clunky.

You needed more than one or you have to switch views to access more controls (buttons, interfaces, sliders etc).

I'm not sure if they'll sell very many, but it seems like all their products with the "pro" title are a nod to the professional market.

ipad pro, WANT!!!  I've been wanting something like this for the last 10+ years.  

Edit:  Just saw "just don't touch the screen while sketching with the Pencil."  Nevermind, maybe this isn't what I want.  :(

Reportedly it was demoed with an arm on the screen while using Pencil (and not interfering). Is that what you mean? 

ipad pro, WANT!!!  I've been wanting something like this for the last 10+ years.  

Edit:  Just saw "just don't touch the screen while sketching with the Pencil."  Nevermind, maybe this isn't what I want.  :(

Shelly, it looks like the pencil has Palm Rejection:

Edited by Absorbine_Sr