Hockey Thread - 2015/2016 Season

Aura

Of all the other central teams still in it, I hate Nashville the least. But I'm all Sharks. 

Islanders look great, Tavares and Greiss are locked in. Tampa may be overachieving a little due to injuries but I still think this could end up being a close series.

And lastly, HAHA DUCKER FUCKERS. Boudreau is as good as gone.

I heart the Sharks as well, even though each series they win makes the Bruins' first round pick worse.

Anaheim losing again indeed likely means some changes coming, Boudreau for sure but maybe players too.  Hoping the Bruins can do some trades for some better Defensemen, ours pretty much sucked this year, and Ducks have some decent players ready or upcoming.  B's have some potentials coming up in prospects, but they still may be a year or so out.

Second round shaping up to be intense and pretty nicely competitive.

Caps/Pens is getting a bit ugly, hopefully it settles a bit but I still want the Caps to win it.  Pens have 3 scary good lines for scoring, though, and their defense has been better than I thought it would be.   I think lots of credit to Coach Mike Sullivan is due for their surge....

Blues are looking interestingly good as well.  Dallas starting to show their (relatively) weaker defense, but still a fast and exciting team.

Don't have a dog in the race for NYI and Tampa Bay, I guess I'd like to Islanders to go ahead because it's been longer for them (and ex-Bruin Johnny Boychuck is there, miss him on the Bruins!).  Sadly, I don't se either team beating the winner of Caps/Pens, unless that series causes excessive wear and tear....

Anyway, go AnyoneButPenguins!

• Like 1

Haven't been watching full games this round much, more just checking in during third periods... I will say that St Louis, Pitt, and San Jose appear to be the most-complete teams right now. I don't know what's up with Washington's offense, they should've easily exploited Pitt last night with a sidelined #1 Dman. Would really like to see them push this to a game 6 or 7. Islanders also wasted an opportunity to get ahead again in their series. Tampa annoys me, they are surprisingly resilient and it shows that their deep run last year has helped with that.

Islanders Blew it in the last few seconds,cost them the game and series lead.I always sweat the last minute of the periods as the Isles seem to give up goals.

The Penns are looking really tough,they where the hottest team going into the playoffs & still are.Really fast paced games against the caps.

Shame for the Isles... in the end I think Tampa's experience was a big difference. That and Kucherov playing out of his mind. I don't think the Pens or Caps should underestimate these guys. If Bishop plays mostly-consistent and their offense keeps a good pace, they can beat anyone.

Hoping Dallas extends their series tonight and San Jose closes theirs out! \m/

Sorry Dan.....I wanted to Caps to go farther, or all the way, this year.

I wish Mark-Andre Fleury was still in net for the Penguins, I have this feeling that with him in the Pens would have lost this series.....the new goalie isn't the second-coming of Ken Dryden, but he's playing pretty well, and the defense has been over-achieving too....

I don't see Tampa knocking them down, so they likely make the finals.....

Yep. I will say the Caps played pretty damn resilient leading up to OT. Ovechkin getting undeserved blame. Feel bad for Holtby. It largely appeared that Pittsburgh's role players showed up at key times and that they overmatched Washington on even-strength through speed and hustle. Guys like Cullen and Hagelin played their asses off all series. 

Orpik was a serious disaster... not sure I'd want him in a Caps jersey next year. 

Agree with Todd - Pittsburgh is in the driver's seat now. But I still think Tampa is going to give them a run for their money.

Orpik's job was never really being a stud defenseman, it was teaching carlson and alzner to be studs.  That worked.  If alzner hadn't gotten the groin injury in the philly series, I think it would have been a different outcome.

Caps had their chance to take the lead in the last period with the 5 on 3 ,got the one to tie but couldn't finish.That was a fast paced series,great hockey.

Tampa has a fast team but I don't think they are as deep as the Penns.but you never know as they beat the penns 3 times during the season.

Should be interesting as Tampa may get Stamkos & Strallman back.