Hockey Thread - 2015/2016 Season

Aura

Fucking Bruins are the opposite.  5% killer instinct, 95% missing.  At the beginning of the year I didn't expect them to make the playoffs.  With some streaks of great hockey, they brought my hope back.  They had even played many Eastern Conference teams well, save the great Caps.  

Now, they could fizzle out with an ugly whimper in the last few games, just like last year.  If they can get up to beat the Wings tomorrow, that will help.  But we'll see.....

Yeah, it sucks royally (for the Bruins, that is; Wings should be ecstatic, they may keep their playoff streak alive).  

By not playing several of their top players, Rangers likely lose to the Red Wings Saturday.  And unless it's in a shootout, the BEST the Bruins can hope for is second wildcard, where they face the Caps (and THAT depends on how Philly plays).  Oy.....

Edited by skullguise
  • Like 1

I'm glad the Bruins aren't in.  They absolutely embarrassed themselves today, losing like they did.  And the Rangers did them a favor in beating the Wings.

Then, Philly gets the 2 points they need to jump ahead.

So Bruins are out, and can't be embarrassed further, as well as missing at least two home playoff games for the owner to line his pockets (owner owns concessions, too, so he rakes in some serious $ when they play in Boston).  Time to get rid of more deadwood if they can over the summer.

The West has some great matchups!  CHI-STL is going to be very interesting.  Up until a couple weeks ago I would have said Chicago had only a small chance to make it past the first round.  But they've come on very strong.  And heck, if my lowly Bruins could beat St. Louis.....

I think Anaheim and LA come out of their respective series.  I'd LOVE to see the Sharks come out on top, but not sure they can.  Kings look pretty strong again this year.  Another good matchup though.

For the East, want to see the Caps go through everyone.  Poor Tampa Bay just got nailed with injuries, and while I love what Florida has done I think they're still a little too young/immature to push through in the playoffs.  I hope Pittsburgh chokes as well, just can't bring myself to like them.....but they also came on strong towards the end of the season.

For me it sucks that the Bruins aren't in, they choked ugly at the end (though some could say they overachieved to be int he running); but that makes it easier for me to watch the playoffs with less emotion.

Go.....various teams!

Wild Game,Fla outshot Isles 46-26 they looked real good,Griese made some great saves.

One thing about the Isles they never give up. & came from behind 3 times.

Ref called slashing penalty on Martin with 3 minutes to go,giving Fla 6 on 4 power play in the end.Replay showed Martin had his stick on the ice the whole time & no sign of a slash.Ref must have had money on Fla.

I couldn't stay awake long enough to see Kings/Sharks but wonderful start there... fell asleep right at the beginning of Wild/Stars (which was boring anyway). I did see nearly all of Caps/Flyers and honestly thought the Flyers out-hussled them for the first 50+ minutes but couldn't hold out. I don't think that series is going to be as easy for the Caps as it looks on paper.

Hawks really outplayed Blues on Wednesday and could not capitalize on numerous opportunities. I'm feeling okay about it though. Keith back tonight after his dumb ass suspension (as in he was the dumb ass, not the penalty), Crow looks as though he didn't miss a beat after being out 4+ weeks, the defense looks surprisingly confident, and first line is showing life again (hello Mr. Toews). Excited for tonight! 

GO Blackhawks-logo-small.jpg!!!!

I'll give it to you that P2 was likely even overall, but P1 and the majority of P3 was Flyers' advantage. 

Do I think Caps will win this series? Hell yes. The amount of skill across that lineup is scary and I'm envy that they stole Justin Williams.

I think the flyers had the edge in the first, mostly because they spent the entire period on the power play.  I really can't see any case where the caps weren't completely in control for the 2nd and 3rd.  Schenn did do his best to try and take some caps out for the series, tho.

Well, game two hawks/blues was interesting to say the least. Of the two plays reviewed - I thought the offsides was more questionable. But that's how it's been called this year. Shaw's goal was a typical playoff netfront grinder... He's getting back checked into Elliot and the puck crosses goal line quite early in the battle. 

Overall, hawks played better in game 1. Glad to see how things opened up a bit but the first half of the game was awful and they did not look like a playoff team. Keith was well rested Indeed. 

Glad to see Nashville take game 1 in Anaheim. And I saw the Detroit/Tampa fight live... Abdelkader went straight thug.