Best estat amp for jazz/009

Serendib

Thanks for your different replies, which are interesting. I was specifically looking for a high performance amp that would bring out the best (tradeoffs considered as nothing is perfect) in all types of classic jazz and vocals. There are quite a few good amps out there with different slants. I have decided to try the KGSHH Carbon with the 009 (keeping future headphones in mind). 

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your different replies, which are interesting. I was specifically looking for a high performance amp that would bring out the best (tradeoffs considered as nothing is perfect) in all types of classic jazz and vocals. There are quite a few good amps out there with different slants. I have decided to try the KGSHH Carbon with the 009 (keeping future headphones in mind). 

You will love the KGSSHV Carbon. I know I love mine. it arrived today, courtesy of excellent Birgir service, and while i have only been able to play it with my new SR-009 for a few hours, it sounds wonderful. One of the things i played today is the DSD Getz/Gilberto, and it is sweet.

IMG_1509.JPG

• Like 3

How is the Lumin music server doing for you and the combo?

I've been pretty pleased with the Lumin ever since I got it. I've had it for about 2.5 years, and at the time I got it, it was a step up in smoothness, dynamics, and detail over the PS Audio PerfectWave DAC I had at the time. It was also a much more robust network player, and its software controller was more reliable than most of the UPnP player-controllers. Lumin has also consistently provided software and firmware updates for its player. When i upgraded my PWD to a DirectStream, I moved the Lumin over to become the player for my primary headphone rig. It will be interesting to see how the NADAC compares to it. With respect to the headphones, swapping the KGSSHV Carbon/SR-009 in for the Decware Taboo3/LCD-2 was night and day.

I really hope the 4 is worth 4k. Seems Audeze needs to get there heads out there arses with the miniscule change with a big price tag. Seems they are competing with the Hifiman HE1k price wise. We don`t need a second JPS labs.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

I really hope the 4 is worth 4k. Seems Audeze needs to get there heads out there arses with the miniscule change with a big price tag. Seems they are competing with the Hifiman HE1k price wise. We don`t need a second JPS labs.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Yeah, no kidding. I am hopeful, but not optimistic.

Yep, if people didn't buy the stuff for retail, it would drop until it found it's level in the market place.  ergo- Sennheiser HD700.

But whilst perception is reality, you get this kind of opportunistic behavior.  Can't blame them though if the rubes buy the stuff at the current price..  :rolleyes: