Any $100 IEM recommendations?

Voltron

I echo the Ety's.  The sound is good/very good on most of their models, and the triple flange tips fit well in my narrow ear canals.  Many other IEM's don't fit well so don't sound good (IME - In My Ears).  Not sure of the Altec Lansing OEM'd Ety's (I think they were a copy of the ER-6's) are still available, but my wife loved them.

The Kilpsch X10 are great and very very comfortable.  The first pair I had for a couple of years but sold them to a friend. I bought a second pair at some point and they were very poorly made (they cut in and out on both ears if you wiggled them).  I read that a lot of the ones made at that time also had these problems.  I would not but another pair unless I knew for sure that they fixed these problems.

• Like 1

Never expected to see such a post from you, Al! :lol:

Apart from the good suggestions already given (X10 and MA750, although I felt the latter had a treble spike that could be annoying sometimes) I'd give the Audio-Technica IM50 some serious thought. It's very natural and musical, kind of like an HD650, though a bit dark. And it has a removable cable, which to me is a big plus at this price point. The IM70 also fits in your budget, but I haven't heard that one.

What about the Wicked In-Ear Deuce

"I hooked these earbuds up to my computer which has an altec lansing speaker system built in. I got a special computer at WalMart. The earbuds sounded incredible. During one YouTube video, the soundtrack had a buzzing ringing sound which was part of the musical instrumentation of the musical interlude. It sounded like it was the buzzing of a thousand bees buzzing in the center of my head. A warm cosmic throb in my skull.

These headphones are to me, the best earbuds I have ever heard. Well, the last earbuds I heard were 80s style general issue dollar store earbuds. This is one of the new generation hip hop high techno earbuds for skateboarders and shredders."

• Like 1

Thanks, will keep that in mind when I need new earbuds.

Sorry, Al, can't recommend what I'm currently using, as they were a lot more than $100, IIRC.  I think I got them on ... purk's (?) recommendation from the ... Hifiman store (again: ??) before they sold their own.

Edited by Dusty Chalk

What about the Wicked In-Ear Deuce

"I hooked these earbuds up to my computer which has an altec lansing speaker system built in. I got a special computer at WalMart. The earbuds sounded incredible. During one YouTube video, the soundtrack had a buzzing ringing sound which was part of the musical instrumentation of the musical interlude. It sounded like it was the buzzing of a thousand bees buzzing in the center of my head. A warm cosmic throb in my skull.

These headphones are to me, the best earbuds I have ever heard. Well, the last earbuds I heard were 80s style general issue dollar store earbuds. This is one of the new generation hip hop high techno earbuds for skateboarders and shredders."

i don't want a wicked in-ear deuce in my ear