The Walking Dead

ironbut

Wow, I'll need to watch the opener. because...

My impressions have been the opposite, overall. it started out really good and became very difficult to watch. I found myself drifting last season. I lost all interest and watched in hopes that I'd find something to draw me back in. I don't like any of the characters that are left, the acting is bad, and I'm not sure where the story line is going, assuming they still have one. 

That said, always the optimist, I hope this year can recapture my interest. I'm interested in other impressions on how they think the show is progressing til now. 

Walking Dead is just now recovering from having fired Frank Darabant just before the end of the first season, it started off great. The story is getting more interesting as it gets closer to the original story told in the comics IMO. I still cringe whenever I remember the CDC episodes. It took a short walk off a cliff for a while. The reasoning AMC gave was that the director wanted too much money, that he was difficult to deal with, and that he had a difficult time not taking a movie pacing on a TV show. The show got so slow after his removal and subsequent budget cuts that it was sometimes a snooze fest and seemed like watching a gloomy soap opera to me.

He was fired without notice days after AMC sent him to Comic Con to promote the show. There is a lawsuit and counter lawsuit between Darabant and AMC over profiting from his influence.

Edited by manaox2

• 2 years later...