My son was accepted early to Colorado State U for Biomedical Sciences

HeadphoneAddict

So, my son wants to go to CSU in Fort Collins like his mother, to study Biomedical Sciences (pre-med).  Tonight he got an email offering him one of the 72 slots for freshmen in the program.  It's gonna be strange with his sister going to a rival school, CU Boulder (Go Buffs, Go Rams, Go Buffs, Go Rams!).  

At least there's only one year of overlap before she graduates.  I had dreams of them sharing a car and apartment for that year, but CU Boulder would make him live in the dorms his first year anyway, so part of that plan wouldn't have worked.

I went to Texas A&M at the same time that my older brother went to Texas University (we Aggies can't call it University of Texas).  We would have killed each other if we went to the same school and lived together, and we survived the rivalry, so I suppose our kids will be fine too.

• Like 4

I am sure you are proud of him. I think Nate was responding to - "I had dreams of them sharing a car and apartment for that year, but CU Boulder would make him live in the dorms his first year anyway, so part of that plan wouldn't have worked." It's easy to misinterpret your intentions/dreams with that particular statement. 

As annoying as dorm living was, it was a learning experience in conflict resolution if nothing else. Learning to live with brand new people some of whom he might share academic or other interests with will lead to a more well rounded individual. I wouldn't suggest staying with his sister for the purpose of saving money unless it is something that he wants to do or if the cost differential is enormous. 

Great news, Larry!  You sure were due for some great news!  Ft. Collins is an awesome town, but then again so is Boulder.  

Remember visiting campus at Boulder for the first time in the early 80s, and was just walking around in the midst of it all when some dude ran up to me, talking really fast, like "speed, acid, cocaine, what do you need?"  It kind of spooked me because he came out of nowhere, but I just kind of shook him off and said, "No thanks, man... not interested."  Then I turned the corner and walked maybe the length of another building, and another dude approached me, trying to hand me one of those little green Gideons bibles.  I told him, "No thanks, but there's this guy over there..." as I pointed to where I had just walked from.  Don't know if they ever connected, and if so, who was more persuasive.

Edited by Wmcmanus

8 hours ago, Wmcmanus said:

Great news, Larry!  You sure were due for some great news!  Ft. Collins is an awesome town, but then again so is Boulder.  

Remember visiting campus at Boulder for the first time in the early 80s, and was just walking around in the midst of it all when some dude ran up to me, talking really fast, like "speed, acid, cocaine, what do you need?"  It kind of spooked me because he came out of nowhere, but I just kind of shook him off and said, "No thanks, man... not interested."  Then I turned the corner and walked maybe the length of another building, and another dude approached me, trying to hand me one of those little green Gideons bibles.  I told him, "No thanks, but there's this guy over there..." as I pointed to where I had just walked from.  Don't know if they ever connected, and if so, who was more persuasive.

LOL Sounds like Boulder.

• Like 1