Nov. 14 - 2015 - Forum Software Upgrade

tkam

I'll be doing an update to the forum software starting at approximately 4PM EST today.  This is a pretty large change, as search is completely redone and the traditional view new content functionality has been replaced as well.  Other notable changes include the menu structure and an updated version of the WYSIWYG editor that should work better on mobile browsers.

Safari is working fine for me (posting this message from it now) so I suspect you're having the same issue I was yesterday but mine was with Chrome.  Try logging out, clearing everything from your browser history (I was able to leave passwords in Chrome but that was it) and I'd guess you'll be ok after that.  I haven't used Chrome in ages on my Macbook so I'm guessing that's why I didn't have to clear the history in order to post.

At the top of my page there's a "unread content" button that does mostly the same thing as the old button.  It presents a list of threads with new activity and there's a star next to the title of the thread that will take you to the first unread post.  It's more of a pain, especially on mobile, in that clicking the star reliably has not been easy.  But it's all still there from what I can see.  

There's also still the "new content" button on mobile, but the image/icon is now something that looks like a stack of newspaper (or something like that) at least when viewed in portrait.