Cell phone carriers

shellylh

2 hours ago, TMoney said:

Reading this thread makes me think I need to sign up for a new plan too.

AT&T is fleecing me at $93 a month and I rarely go over 2 GBs of data. I have a grandfathered "unlimited" data plan, but I guess there isn't much point in keeping an unlimited data plan I rarely use.

Indeed! I am clinging to my Verizon unlimited account, and sometimes use it to stream Tidal at meets/shows for days on end. I've used 10GB in a weekend doing just that! ;)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TMoney said: Reading this thread makes me think I need to sign up for a new plan too.

AT&T is fleecing me at $93 a month and I rarely go over 2 GBs of data. I have a grandfathered "unlimited" data plan, but I guess there isn't much point in keeping an unlimited data plan I rarely use.

Indeed! I am clinging to my Verizon unlimited account, and sometimes use it to stream Tidal at meets/shows for days on end. I've used 10GB in a weekend doing just that! [emoji6]

T-Mo has unlimited streaming for Tidal/Spotify/Netflix/etc.

**BRENT**

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TMoney said: Reading this thread makes me think I need to sign up for a new plan too. AT&T is fleecing me at $93 a month and I rarely go over 2 GBs of data. I have a grandfathered "unlimited" data plan, but I guess there isn't much point in keeping an unlimited data plan I rarely use.

Indeed! I am clinging to my Verizon unlimited account, and sometimes use it to stream Tidal at meets/shows for days on end. I've used 10GB in a weekend doing just that! [emoji6]

T-Mo has unlimited streaming for Tidal/Spotify/Netflix/etc.

**BRENT**

Didn't know they're exempting Tidal now! That's awesome!

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Coverage seems to me to be the 800 pound gorilla. And it's different among the carriers in each market. You can't really generalize. In Aspen, T-Mobile may be the bomb. On your street, it may suck. (And really, coverage in your own house is the thing that matters most. ) I would advise a very local approach. Do your friends' phones work in your house? When you talk to people with different carriers around town, which ones give trouble?

For what it's worth, where I live Sprint and Verizon are nearly perfect all over town. AT&T is almost as good, and T-Mobile is generally good. But nearly perfect doesn't mean diddles if there's a dead spot in your back bedroom or on the way to your office.

1 hour ago, spritzer said:

93$ a month is just insane.  We have a few packages here that are 24.6$ a month with everything unlimited (yup totally unlimited 4G data) and no contract. 

Yeah but don't you need only like two cell phone towers to cover your whole country? :lol:

• Like 1

Full list of T-Mobile free streaming apps:
http://www.t-mobile.com/offer/free-music-streaming.html

With an add-on of "Binge-On" you can get it for a lot of video too:

http://www.t-mobile.com/offer/binge-on-streaming-video.html?icid=WMM_TM_MSCFRDMLP_MP0KKM7GVW4252

Also, if anyone is going to switch to T-Mobile, let me know and I'll figure out how to get a referral from me; it will get each of us 1 share in T-Mobile, which is currently worth over 45$. It's free $$$, so may as well.

**BRENT**

27 minutes ago, MexicanDragon said:

I have a feeling that's largely due to your poor choice of location, my friend.

**BRENT**

Well..it isn't that bad in term of location.  I used to be able to get a reception with AT&T.  I'm extremely pleased with their pricing policy but the coverage can be spotty in some areas.