Why I think PCB cloning is impossible

mtoc

Hi everyone,

I really admire Dr. Gilmore's work, and ready to build the Krell Klone. I'm preparing for nearly a month. But my son (who is studying Shakespeare in the college), after Googling, told me, we can't just "see" the PCB and make a clone of it. (Cos the PCB has many layers, ususlly 2-4, diffrent layers has totally circuit, those copper layers are very well designed. And then he doubts Mr. Gilmore's Klone PCB image-files was drawn up on the computer after "eyeseeing".) In order to make a clone, we must destroy the PCB completely. He again told me: we have to remove all the components first and drop the PCB in a machine (can't remeber its name) and boil off the green things on the surface, and use a super camera to take some photos about the 1st layer copper, and use the machine to boil off the 1st layer in order to take some photos of the 2th layer...and then 3rd...4th...After photo taking, the PCB gone. And then do some Photoshops to make the PCB image on the PC.

Is this true?

since its Christmas, I will be nice.

1) your son is a fucking clueless idiot that has obviously not fallen far from the tree.

2) you obviously did not read the thread

3) The original krell board for which I have exact copies of pictures of the top and bottom of the board supplied from krell directly thru tom...

The original krell board was hand layed out with film and tape on .1 inch centers.  The left and right channels were not physically identical. My version made the left side identical to the original with each component exactly in the same place on the board. And each circuit land in exactly the same place except electronically aligned. Then the right channel was an exact duplicate of the left channel. So mine is actually a bit better.

I just posted a new version of the board with teardrops enabled.

4 or more layer boards can also be done without destroying the board. You just need a large plate medical Xray to do so. And I have one.

• Like 6

My son teaches me the wrong thing, I feel SHAME. my apology in deep heart....Sorry to bother everyone...

My son and I must apologize again, he said he found those s**t things on a weird Chinese site (a site which built by a PCB cloning compamy, doing cloning for $$)...I won't trust anything from China ever again.

My boards are the original circuit exactly. And sounds like the original, exactly.

the crap from China is something else entirely some have half the output transistors, some have half the capacitors, none have the original power supply etc. some don't run at the right voltages etc.

cheap crap, krell in name only

Edited by kevin gilmore

4 hours ago, mtoc said:

My son teaches me the wrong thing, I feel SHAME. my apology in deep heart....Sorry to bother everyone...

My son and I must apologize again, he said he found those s**t things on a weird Chinese site (a site which built by a PCB cloning compamy, doing cloning for $$)...I won't trust anything from China ever again.

Ni sha bi, xin ren wang zhan zai zhong guo de di yi ci

Pardon my Pinyin, as I'm not Chinese or a native speaker. I am Laowei. 

Edited by Laowei

• 1 year later...