Expensive and/or raved-about headphones that actually suck!

Bjorn

5 hours ago, Bjorn said:

Seriously? I actually like the HE1000, I'd even rate it as my favorite non-electrostatic thus far. I did hear some slight oddities though, it's not completely neutral. 

Diffuse soundstage...in your face sound....too in your face for me anyway.  Poor craftsmanship.

Shame we don`t have any headfi meets here.

The L3k and Qualia 010 are two other headphones I`d put on that list, the L3k over priced and over rated to an extent when some folks use to rave about it on headfi back in early mid 2000 and the Qualia; if you want to murder your ears and never listen to music again its a complete bright sounding clusterfuck.

9 hours ago, Sherwood said:

We care about food, bicycling, personal health, cars, competitive racing games, alcohol, DIY, and each other here.  Not in that order.  Headphones might not even be the most popular thing, any more.

This is so well stated that I make a motion to include the above language in the welcome PM.

Edited by TMoney
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Dusty Chalk said:

I <3 my L3Ks.

The Qualias need to seriously be positioned correctly.  They are ridiculously sensitive to position.

I love my L3000 too. I was close to selling them, but then I backed off. Maybe not my "goto" cans, but here now and then they still provide very enjoyable moments. As I see it, life is all about that. Enjoyable moments, not goto cans ;D

• Like 1

Only wanted to say I really LIKE the 009s and how they extract so much soul out of the music. I don't get the slag offs. Yes, the 007s are good too, but IMO the 009 is ahead by some margin. Yes, depends on the amp and source. I don't have the figure (would her interested if anyone knows it), but I would estimate over 50% of BHSE users have the 009 as the number one headphone.

3 hours ago, kevin gilmore said:

alcohol AND diy, especially electrostatic power amps. at the same time.

usually entertaining, and possibly deadly.

It helps to remember the One Hand rule by always keeping your hand on a cold pint. :D 

46 minutes ago, astrostar59 said:

Only wanted to say I really LIKE the 009s and how they extract so much soul out of the music. I don't get the slag offs. Yes, the 007s are good too, but IMO the 009 is ahead by some margin. Yes, depends on the amp and source. I don't have the figure (would her interested if anyone knows it), but I would estimate over 50% of BHSE users have the 009 as the number one headphone.

Just guessing, but I believe it would be closer to 53.2%:rolleyes:

Edited by Laowei
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, astrostar59 said:

Where, in Spain or in UK, maybe the whole world? :indra: