Head-Case Fitness Tracker Thread

tkam

Good news: I found my Fitbit. It was on the floor under the footstool, near the trashcan.

Bad news: I didn't find it until after I dug through the trash and didn't find it (also accidentally spilling some trash in the kitchen floor and getting some on my arm (I had small gloves on). As you can imagine, with my anxieties, digging through the trash makes me feel a bit ill! Maybe it's good for me to have to do stuff like this every once in a while.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Surprisingly my Charge worked all the way through my vacation but it's pretty much toast now.  Ordered a Fitbit Alta today, we'll see how that goes.  It has the features I need and the thinner profile will be nice I think.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...

A friend of mine showed me the app on his Fitbit that showed how he slept, so with my sleep issues, this seems useful to me (e.g., to know before I leave the apartment whether or not I am going to pass out later), however, this is new to me.  Any hints? Is there difficulty in falling asleep with it on?  Charge 2 for $150?

A friend of mine showed me the app on his Fitbit that showed how he slept, so with my sleep issues, this seems useful to me (e.g., to know before I leave the apartment whether or not I am going to pass out later), however, this is new to me.  Any hints? Is there difficulty in falling asleep with it on?  Charge 2 for $150?
They just announced a new watch-style one yesterday. I'm sure we can find you the Charge 2 for under list. I wear a Charge HR daily and barely notice it, but the Charge 2 is the lowest model I'd consider.

Graham will be along shortly with links to buy, and info on the new one.

**BRENT**

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Dusty, my wife has a fitbit Charge 2.  Wears it to bed.  If you can sleep with a watch on it will not affect you.  However, if you move it does emit a green light (or at least I think it's green.  I am color challenged).  That can be annoying if you happen to see it.

• Thanks 1

You wouldn't recommend the Flex and just do everything through the phone?  It comes in purple.  And pink.
Negative on the flex. If you want slim, go Alta HR. It has the watch style band with would be replaceable. The flex has a weaker band that has a meh clasping mechanism. The Alta and Charge 2 should each have a lot of band options in good colors, such as pink.

**BRENT**

Okay, I found a Charge 2 in purple for $99.
I was also told not to get too hung up on the band.
Bands can be replaced, my thing about the band is clasping mechanism. You can always go Alta for slimmer, but I'm not a fan of the aesthetic of so a narrow band proportionally, and I believe the Charge 2 offers more functionality at the same price as the Alta HR.

• 9 months later...
Any thoughts on the Garmin Vivoactive 3?
I love my original, and still wear it daily along with a Fitbit Charge 2 on the other hand to keep HR tracking done.

This looks to be leaps and bounds ahead of mine in many arenas, and it'd be high on my list. The battery life of "days" as opposed to "charging nightly" is fantastic. I usually just top off while I'm taking a shower every couple of days and that's enough to keep me going without a full charge for a month or two.

DC Rainmaker seemed to have liked it last year, but never did the update when he bought his own, so may have found something he liked better.

Seems like a lot of watch for 250$ (though I'm sure we can find a deal.)

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2017/10/garmin-vivoactive-3-in-depth-review.html

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Think I'm going to try one of the tracker rings, probably Motiv. I want the activity data but also want to wear a mechanical watch most days and don't like two-wristing it.
Would be nice if some of those had GPS built in. It's nice to have that function glanceable without having to pull a phone out when being active, but to at least have it recorded would be on my list. Probably a ways away for battery tech to even power GPS long enough to be functional on a ring.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk