Stax L700

Rossliew

Hi Spritzer, what do you think about L700? 

I just got an used srm 007tii (230V) which I think is really a bargain but I do not have any Electrostatics yet to play with.

I planned to mod the unit to KGST in future to maximize its potential as well. 

I heard L700 once in CanJam pairing with the Stax Driver unit (not sure which model), its so airy, very detailed and much smoother than my MrSpeakers Ether.

The only thing I wish L700 can improve is its bass slam. Ether is already less and I find that L700 is slightly lesser than it. 

56 minutes ago, DefQon said:

The MrSpeakers Ether headphone is a piece of shit, yes I have owned it. Almost anything will sound better then it.

Wow... I've only heard the Ether at meets but the pairs I've heard aren't really that bad. Maybe you just had a lemon.

1 hour ago, DefQon said:

The MrSpeakers Ether headphone is a piece of shit, yes I have owned it. Almost anything will sound better then it.

Haha..would you elaborate more on this? I am quite curious about this as an owner of Ether.

I am quite a newbie in this hobby therefore I am not sure how Ether ranks in the entire list of products out there.

I only have long enough experience with the LCD3 which I think is very enjoyable but I sold it due to the poor comfort. 

I'd be interested in the L700 drivers in a sigma housing, if people are likening them to the 009s that might mean they have excess treble haha

on a related note I'm surprised no one has tried to 3d print their own pair of sigmas yet

Edited by nopants

While I couldn't stand the 507's, the 404 LE is a far cry from bright sounding compared to the X07 Lambda family. Found both the LNS and LS to be lot brighter sounding than the 404 LE, but the LE I had was a bit different (no serial number at all).

On 7 March 2016 at 9:57 AM, dripf said:

My right pinna has a slight prominence in the antihelix which I noticed after getting my Stax system. A few more mils would be nice because at an hour there is discomfort.

I've never heard the L-700, but along with the SR-009 I also have the SR-003 in-ear Earspeaker, and while I find the 003 isn't to the same SQ level as the 009 both driven by the BHSE, that baby Stax sounds [ IMO ] extremely good. So for those that have a problem wearing circumaural headphones, the SR-003 would be a very good alternative, IMO.

Having said that, I find the 003 starts to feel uncomfortable after around an hour of use, but this is in-side my ears not the anti-helix.