Vacuums

shellylh

Thinking about getting an upright vacuum to use on the carpets.  Right now I have a canister vacuum (cheapest Miele) and it is a real pain to use (I hate pulling around the canister... it keeps getting stuck.  Also the vacuum has a very small head and it is really meant for hardwood floor/rugs).  I was thinking of getting the Miele Jazz but I then reading up on vacuums, Sebo vacuums seem to be better.  Anyone used a Sebo vacuum before?  Where would I buy one?  

Needs to have:  HEPA filter, uses bags (not bagless) and it would be nice if it were easy to find the bags locally, upright, lots of suction. 

Bags are better for allergies and easier than cleaning out the bagless vacuums (at least the Miele bags are very easy to change). 

2 hours ago, grawk said:

I'd get a cleaning service :)

I have a person that comes every once in a while but can't have her come every week (she used to come every week when we had a house).  I need to call her up again - it's been a few weeks. 

2 hours ago, TMoney said:

Having a regular housekeeper come once a week is a life-changing moment.

We have this, but having kids requires much more than the once a week cleaning... I think we vacuum about 6 times a day most days cleaning up after them.

My 2yr old will even go get the vacuum after dropping something and say "oh no! a mess! clean!"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grand Enigma said:

We have this, but having kids requires much more than the once a week cleaning... I think we vacuum about 6 times a day most days cleaning up after them.

My 2yr old will even go get the vacuum after dropping something and say "oh no! a mess! clean!"

Ah yes, I remember it well :frantic:

4 hours ago, Dusty Chalk said:

Yeah, all of a sudden, your Scotch starts dwindling, and you need to go home for lunch more often.

Like the grotesque Mrs Gamp in Dickens' Martin Chuzzlewit.  An alcoholic and abusive nurse/midwife/undertaker who kept gin in her teapot, and was permanently sozzled.

"Mrs Gamp stored all her household matters in a little cupboard by the fire-place; beginning below the surface (as in nature) with the coals, and mounting gradually upwards to the spirits, which, from motives of delicacy, she kept in a teapot"

• Like 2