CanLanta 2016 - 5/21/16

MexicanDragon

LL

I would like to invite everyone to CanLanta 2016! Saturday May 21st at the place we've had the past couple big Atlanta meets, which has been a nice venue.

I'll copy from the post on HF, but Tyll is coming back to Atlanta for the first time in a long time, and we're excited to have him back. I hear through the grapevine that there are some premiere d-_-b approved, but not sure it's public knowledge yet, so I'll let that MOT speak up if he's so inclined.

John M and the boys in Atlanta have done a lot of work getting this off the ground, and I think it's going to be a nice event.

Travel Team, let's make it happen.

**BRENT**

Canlanta 2016:

It’s been about three years now since we had a proper headphone meet in the Atlanta area, so mark your calendars folks because the next event is now official. The primary sponsor of this event the Audio Video Club of Atlanta. 

Date:

May 21st, 2016 9:00am-6:00pm

Where:

Marriott Century Center

2000 Century Blvd NE, Atlanta, GA 30345

Travel and hotel discounts:

There will be a limited number of discounted rooms available at a price of $109. Currently the number of rooms at the accommodation price is capped at ten. If this fills up we have the option of negotiating additional rooms at the special rate. If you plan to stay at the hotel please pm me so that I can keep a running count.

Vendors: (if there are any vendors not on the list who would like contact me via pm (matttcg)

Beezar Audio (confirmed)

Headamp (confirmed) 

Mr. Speakers (confirmed)

The vendor list is growing quickly. I will hold off on the list until we have the confirmations.

Special Guest Speaker:

We are happy to announce that Tyll Hertsens will be giving a series of talks during the meet. Come meet the Grandpapa of headphonedom. 

Misc:

Although there will be plenty of vendors at the meet, we encourage attendees to bring their own gear. Tables and access to power outlets will be provided. Feel free to show up without any gear if you’d just like to join in for a day to check out new gear and talk with other members and vendors about the hobby. The event is free of charge to individuals.

Please keep in mind that you always want to treat equipment belonging to others with respect and care as if it were yours and you paid lot's of money for it. If you are unsure about how to use something, always ask. Never relocate any equipment from someone’s table without their express permission.

Please post in this thread if you are planning to attend and list the equipment that you’ll be bringing and I’ll compile and list to add to the beginning of the thread.

The ballroom will be available for setup purposes early Saturday morning, 7:00 am, for vendors and attendees to setup their gear.

Parking:

Parking is available at the hotel and is free. Please be sure to always keep expensive equipment secure. Please do not leave expensive equipment locked in your car.

Get Social:

Please spread the word about this meet and let’s make this a great event for everyone.

Check it out on FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/CanLanta2016/

Food: You’ll be on your own for lunch but there are plenty of places to eat within a few miles of the event. As always, please do not bring food or drink near anyone’s equipment.

Edited by MexicanDragon
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Aimless1 said:

I wonder if Karyl would like to spend our 40th anniversary (that weekend) visiting with HCers and oogling Canlanta?

5 hours ago, guzziguy said:

I wonder if Al would like to spend a year in Karyl's doghouse?

Look on the bright side: you'll have plenty of time to listen to the beautiful, beautiful music. Just set up a little rig in the dog house, get a comfy chair. Boom, done.

**BRENT**

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Will pre-meet activities begin on the Friday prior? Just asking as I'd like to see if I take that Friday off...

I'm way overdue in seeing you all. I will chime in next week with my possibilities for joining. I have to check that there are no work conflicts.

Woo hoo! Hit me up tomorrow and let's talk.

**BRENT**

Meet is only Saturday, but Sunday there is a big record show in the same venue, I believe. If you're wanting to stay longer, msg me and we can talk about discounted rate (if you can't work it yourself) for the hotel, if you want to stay there the entire time. It's the place we were at last time, if it wasn't clear above.

Alex is thinking of coming in on Friday, though. The other d-_-b vendors should chime in on their plans as well. @justin, when are you coming in?

**BRENT**

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.canlanta.org/

Check out the website for an updated list of sponsors and vendors.

Oh, what's that, ECP Audio will be there? :) @justin will be there with HeadAmp. @Tyll Hertsens, @tkam@Fitz. I'm definitely looking forward to this crew getting together.

Anyone else freeing their calendars? @naamanf? @shellylh?

**BRENT**

• Like 3