CanLanta 2016 - 5/21/16

MexicanDragon

Tyll,

I'm going to bring one of your old amp to the meet.  I'm not going to disclose which model it is...but I hope you will listen to it. :D  I find it to be quite a fantastic match with the Sennheiser HD800....and quite ahead of its time.

Edited by purk

As an owner of couple of Justin's amps...I deserve that nicely crafted headphones stand.

So what do you guys want to listen to?  KGSSHV Carbon or a Susy Dynahi?  Since I'm also running the Matrix-Audio & Violetric table at the event, I might only take just one setup.

Edited by purk
  • Like 1

The meet was superb and would have not happened to be this good unless the ACOA members are on board.  Many thanks to John Morrison and the team for organizing this superb event.  I hope we can do this annually and even more people will attend.  We have more than 10 vendors and plenty of set up to listen to.  There were 15 or so raffle prize items and Brent walked away with his new office rig, the Matrix HPA-2C.  Tyll was his very cool self, visiting and talking to everyone at the meet.  His keynote speech was very informative and entertaining.  Will the new line of Beats with lighting connector really spell the end to analog headphones?  Tyll also spent a few minute listening my KGSSHV Carbon and SR009...and walked away very impressed.

The highlight of the meet for me was meeting Doug in person and listened to his new line of amplifiers.  His Copenhagen amplifier both tube & SS were noting short of spectacular.  It was so very musical with a performance really worth remembering. I'm afraid my bank account will soon take a serious hit because of it.  The DSHA-2 was also there and should be his biggest seller once it is officially released.  I'm looking forward to an in-home audition of these amps soon.  Thanks again Doug...you and your setup were the highlight of the meet for me.  

I also had an equally wonderful time hanging out with Justin and Brent during and after the meet.  We had a great meal at a local Brazilian Steak House and I recommended some wild spots for Justin and Brent to check out afterward.  Justin sure was impressed with the ATL's local hotties and may consider to move his factory here.   C'mon Justin...I need a new job!  It goes without saying that I had a great time with Justin's new ride.  That pretty red sport car was just damn nice to ride in.  Thanks for allowing me and Matt to take it for a spin.  Sorry for the quality of the pictures, I had a heavy loads and the Canon S100 is starting to fail me.  Should have brought a better camera.

IMG_2805.JPG

IMG_2815.JPG

IMG_2847.JPG

IMG_2822.JPG

IMG_2823.JPG

IMG_2827.JPG

IMG_2863.JPG

IMG_2865.JPG

IMG_2873.JPG

IMG_2861.JPG

IMG_2857.JPG

IMG_2855.JPG

IMG_2825.JPG

IMG_2809.JPG

IMG_2830.JPG

IMG_2821.JPG

IMG_2837.JPG

IMG_2843.JPG

IMG_2883.JPG

IMG_2874.JPG

IMG_2880.JPG

IMG_2835.JPG

IMG_2831.JPG

IMG_2892.JPG

Edited by purk
  • Like 17

"

There was a lot of stuff I listened to and don't remembered there names so don't hate me because I didn't take notes.

One I do remember is a cassette tape of George Micheal's Faith out of a old tape deck and it was zero noise out of it it was really good. I just remember we had the same first name Brent.

"

http://www.head-fi.org/t/809023/canlanta-2016-impressions#post_12600017

Uh huh.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Grahame said:

"

There was a lot of stuff I listened to and don't remembered there names so don't hate me because I didn't take notes.

One I do remember is a cassette tape of George Micheal's Faith out of a old tape deck and it was zero noise out of it it was really good. I just remember we had the same first name Brent.

"

http://www.head-fi.org/t/809023/canlanta-2016-impressions#post_12600017

Uh huh.

13235586_1391984704160934_22960028087651

**BRENT**

• Like 1