Get your game on!

Fitz

I am home dealing with some car issues and I just tried Dirt Rally out in VR. It is incredible and the graphics are insane. I have been having a lot of shadow artifacts and distracting other crap with Project Cars but this looks amazing.

On a side note Assetto Corsa also looks better than Project Cars in VR but is not "just play" friendly with how the setups have to be done etc.

• Like 1

You should try it out. Much better than Project Cars graphics optimization wise.

I spent about 30 min trying to get Project Cars to not have a lot of artifacts for me but it does. In particular sometimes surface textures go wonky and shadows do really weird things.Do you notice anything?

Blood_and_wine_art.jpg

I finished the 2nd Witcher 3 DLC this weekend.

I'm just gonna come out and say it. Now that I've played through the complete experience The Witcher 3 is now my favorite game of all time. It is finally time to knock Deus Ex off that pedestal and in to the #2 spot.

Witcher 3 has everything I look for in a game.

• Amazing, "adult" storylines.
  • Phenomenal characters.
  • One of the best looking games on PC, a technical masterpiece.
  • Fun gameplay.

The amazing thing is RPGs and games with Fantasy themes usually aren't my type of thing at all. It is a testament to how good W3 is that it is my favorite game regardless.

The two DLCs are "must play" if you've enjoyed the base game.

5/5. Duh.

--

Also finished off DOOM.

Doom_Cover.jpg

What a fun little game. Executing hell-demons to heavy metal puts a smile on my face every time. It looks and runs great on PC. Kudos, ID, for doing such a good job rebooting it.

DOOM was the kind of game Steam Sales are made for. I've spend about 11 hours with it and now I'm done. I have zero desire to try its multiplayer, and I'll probably never go back through the campaign again, but that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy my time with it. I very much did.

It sure is fun to see these old classics rebooted. I would say the Wolfenstein reboot had the better story but Doom runs better and has the better gameplay of the two.

4/5. Get it on sale and let that chainsaw rip.

• Like 4

Sounds like you need a 1080.

I haven't noticed any issues in quite a while, since the first few days of playing with it. The last couple long sessions I've had have been artifact free, or at least artifact-unobtrusive.

**BRENT**

Interesting. I figured mine out and I need to set shadow details to off and all is well. Not sure what the fuck the problem is but apparently others suffer too.

• Like 1

Yup I should never trust Nvidia to optimize shit. This was all due to their geforce experience turning on that setting. I reset it to defaults by deleting the setting xml files and everything appears to be fine. Anyway I can now play without being annoyed but I hope that they fix it.

The geforce optimizer stuff is pants on head retarded at times, sometimes it comes up with sane settings, and then sometimes it'll cause a game to need twice my actual vram, or want to crank stuff up to the point a game drops to 30fps.

On 7/11/2016 at 0:19 PM, TMoney said:

Blood_and_wine_art.jpg

I may have to go against my usual desire to play games in order and just skip to Witcher 3 when it gets cheap enough. I've tried twice to play through Witcher 1 and it just is such a complete slog to get through.

• Like 1

Don't let that hold you back. Witcher 3 is a perfect place to jump in.

For what its worth I had never played the first or second game either. I ownthe Witcher 2 and have tried to get in to it, but 3 is so much better. I was a bit lost story-wise without playing the first two games, but things started making sense after the first few hours. There are also a number of story primers out there that explain the plot of 1 and 2 to get new players ready for 3.