Get your game on!

Fitz

Forza_horizon_3_cover_art.jpg

Just got this and it seems pretty legit. HC racing crew, I think this is our next game.

It doesn't run perfect on PC yet, but it was more than playable for the hour or two I tried it. Wheel support is a nice plus.

It also has cross-platform compatibility with the XBox One version in case anyone would rather play on console.

Oh, and first thing you need to do when you launch the game is to switch the steering to "sim."

Edited by TMoney

I decided to go back and replay Dark Souls 2 to get the rest of the achievements, and did a dual-wield run for it. Not having a shield definitely changes up your playstyle and approach to enemies. I used a pair of maces, then the great club and large club for a while, but at the end of my first run through everything I was rocking a pair of smelter swords, which gloooooow, and make a wonderful red and blue explosion on the L2 attack.

QX5QyN3.jpg

I also remembered to equip some appropriate armor before taking the throne on my second run through the game on this character.

I2tyRAb.jpg

The Bioshock 1 & 2 "remasters" have been an absolute shit show on PC.  Both just got patched, in theory resolving most of the issues.  Steam is downloading both updates for me right now.  I'm kind of hoping the remaster for the first game actually runs on my machine.  I've been waiting 9 years to play it.  :blink:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Knuckledragger said:

The Bioshock 1 & 2 "remasters" have been an absolute shit show on PC.  Both just got patched, in theory resolving most of the issues.  Steam is downloading both updates for me right now.  I'm kind of hoping the remaster for the first game actually runs on my machine.  I've been waiting 9 years to play it.  :blink:

I tried 1 last night and the patch seems to have basically fixed the issues most had been having. It was very playable.

Brent and I are negotiating a Project Cars racing evening on Saturday around 10PM EST or later. Anyone else interested?

I also just bought a long HDMI cable, HDMI repeater and active USB cable to see if I can get the Oculus to work with a significant cord length for whole room VR since Touch and extra sensors go on sale on Monday... I hope it works because while racing games will still be #1 the whole room walk around VR is just plain cool

• Like 1

Speaking of Oculus, Michael Abrash's presentation at the end of the Oculus Connect keynote yesterday was very, very cool. His talk was about what VR will look like in 5 years. There is amazing stuff in the pipeline. Link to the VOD below:

https://www.twitch.tv/oculus/v/93337462?t=01h28m25s

If you are at all interested in VR and where it is going this is must-watch stuff.

Abrash is also a very good public speaker.

Edited by TMoney

Gears_of_War_4.jpg

Played through the prologue and Act 1 last night in a co-op campaign with a friend on Hard difficulty.

So.

Much.

Fun.

The game looks and runs perfect on PC. Finally, a DX12 game done right. I can't wait to keep playing this weekend.

If anyone else picks this up, hit me up and lets all join up for some Horde-Mode multiplayer. I believe the game is cross-platform and that PC players and Xbox One players can play together.

My Xbox Live Tag is "T Money 58"

1 hour ago, Dreadhead said:

Cool. Do you buy the Xbox version and then play pc? I just don't know

There aren't separate versions anymore. Buy it once Xbox or PC and you can play on the other as well with your microsoft/xbox-live account.

The same also applies to Forza Horizon 3.

Edited by TMoney

Forza Horizon 3 got patched on PC Friday and now I can recommend it without qualification. You guys need to let Santa know that this is on your list this holiday season. :D

There is also a demo out for it but I think the demo is only available on Xbox One.

FH3 is more arcade-y than PCars, but damn is it ever fun. I just bought a WRX and raced in a WRX vs. Evo showdown. Squee!

14 hours ago, Dreadhead said:

Sounds like a good time but I am hoping prices drop given that description. PCars physics sucks relative to Asseto Corsa.

I'm telling you, get it (or at least try the demo). FH3 is less about improving your racing skills than it is living out your car fantasies, but that doesn't mean it isn't an absolute blast to play.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2016 at 2:34 PM, swt61 said:

I would think that a British gamer would be severely handicapped. All that time lost excusing yourself after killing or defeating opponents.

Clearly you've never raced against Grahame, who is easily the most ruthless out of all of us. He will ram you off the track on the first turn without hesitation and continue on unapologetic and unaware of the mayhem caused.

Meanwhile I'm a nicer breed of asshole, and when I ruin someones lap it was deliberate, calculated, I don't deny it, and it was Brent who I hit.

• Like 4