Get your game on!

Fitz

So I've been chatting with Brent regarding the next game we should play.

My own personal vote is for Forza (great car action) or Gears 4 (best PvE of the group), both of which I'm currently playing and both of which I think are fantastic. Horde mode in Gears 4 is what Killing Floor 2 should have been.

I am open to picking up one of either Titanfall 2 or Battlefield 1 if others are interested. Both BF1 and TF2 are also reviewing quite well.

Edited by TMoney

On 10/25/2016 at 1:27 PM, swt61 said:

Fantastic! How would one go about signing Donald Trump up for one?

Now there's a good idea. I am beginning to understand why some people have been calling for the ability to eject passengers.

Jeff, I know Chris plays a bit, and we can make Grahame do it. TMoney would play if we get Forza Horizons (which is supposedly cross platform,) but as much as I want to try it, there is another game on my "trying to justify list" before that one. If lots get it, though, I think it'd be fun and I'd probably get it.

Would you want Forza on PC or XBone? Also, you should get Battlefield 1.

**BRENT**

If we set up regular evenings I will join in other than if I have date nights etc. I am flexible as to game.

Edit: it appears Bf1 is not cross platform multiplayer so I would say it's a no-go for me right now. I don't want to have to lug my gaming pc over to the TV or play on a virtual big screen. I may be able to get the hdmi extension to reach though....
  • Like 1

Civilization_vi_screenshot.png

I sunk about 10 hours in to Civ 6 this weekend.

The new systems (there are a ton!) seem to be well thought out and the game looks and runs great. It is a ton to take in, and I figure it will take a couple of play throughs to really figure out how things work. There is a tutorial that is pretty decent, but it only scratches the surface on what is a very complex game.

The AI badly needs a patch or two. I'm winning very easily on my first play through as Teddy Roosevelt on "prince" difficulty. The AI seems to have a bad habit of starting wars it has no chance of winning. Rather than crush me in the early game when they had huge armies and I was weak, the two AI players on my continent (the Spanish and the Aztecs) waited until the mid-game when I was much further down the tech-tree than they were and able to produce vastly superior units. After surviving their initial onslaught, I didn't have much trouble fending them off, turning the tables, and wiping them off the map.

Despite its flaws the game is painfully addictive. As things currently stand around the year 1800 the stupid Germans are trying to invade my continent with their missionaries and aposteles and spread their heathen religion. I just declared Jihad on them (holy war) so they will soon see the error of their ways. 

Edited by TMoney
  • Like 1

Thought I'd share if anybody cares.

http://aim400kg.com/

This is a neat aim training tool for FPS games, and mouse accuracy in general. There's a bunch of flash exercises for accuracy, reflexes, and speed.

To get good use out of it, make sure your windows sensitivity is at least somewhat equivalent to your in-game sensitivity. To do this disable "enhance pointer precision" in windows and any mouse acceleration in game, measure how much you move your mouse on your mouspad to get across your desktop in windows, and across your FOV in game, and make sure the two are the same. You can also calculate it out based on your sensitivity, dpi, and reported FOV in game but mice rarely operate at their stated dpi and games often don't render their FOV correctly so measuring it out is better.

Some of these are pretty brutal. Also, I suck.

• 2 weeks later...

Deus_Ex,_Mankind_Divided_Box_Art.jpeg

"Oh, please don't mind me. I am just your friendly neighborhood air-vent inspector here to inspect the air-vents."

"When I crouch down I may suddenly go invisible. Don't be alarmed if you can't see me any more."

"You may occasionally stumble upon some of your colleagues that I have either knocked-out or killed. If you are angry and feel like searching for me, please do so for a period not to exceed 90 seconds. If you don't find me, please go back to whatever it is you were doing before as if nothing happened."

On a serious note though, this is a very entertaining game. If you liked Human Revolution, this is a natural progression from that game. There is some wonky shit, and you end up feeling insanely over-powered even on the tougher difficulty, but on the whole DX:MD is entertaining to play, engrossing, and beautiful to look at.

4/5. Play it for sure if you are a fan of the series.

Side note: This has to be the best year for FPS games on record. This, Doom, Overwatch, BF1, COD:IW, Titanfall 2, Uncharted 4.... the list goes on.

Edited by TMoney