Get your game on!

Fitz

• 4 weeks later...

Unrelated, my favorite gaming commentators / channel has begun an LP of my favorite game, that had always been avoided because it was the emergency behind glass LP. With one member leaving and another on hiatus, the glass has been broken, and the super best friends have begun playing Dark Souls 1:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dreadhead said:

Today I learned that if you overclock your GPU your Power Supply can decide to just quit and give you the gift of a nice hard shutdown.... I will need to rectify this ASAP

Start conservative with any overclocks and go up from there. No need to shoot for the moon right off the bat.

1 hour ago, Dreadhead said:

Today I learned that if you overclock your GPU your Power Supply can decide to just quit and give you the gift of a nice hard shutdown.... I will need to rectify this ASAP

Did you try to triple the core speed on a stock cooler?

As I understand it the OC was stable with GPU temps and everything else stable but after about 30 minutes the power supply just switched off, and did so again after booting at which point I took the OC off. I found a thread where someone blamed their failing power supply for that behavior but in my case I calculated the power usage and I only have about 20w headroom on my 500W supply after I upgraded my ram to 32GB. The OC pushed me into the 550W range so it all makes sense. I went with a 750W PSU to replace it figuring headroom is good or should I just get a 650?

• Like 1

Like a couple of others in this thread, I also consider TW3 the best video game made to date. I recently finished my 3rd playthrough, this time with the 2 expansions. I finished Witcher 2 twice. Can't recall if I ever completed the first one.

Just Cause 2 was another favourite, with over 500 hours play time according to Steam. I had high hopes for JC3, but didn't enjoy that as much.

Currently playing another of my fave. series, Far Cry primal. I've enjoyed each game in that series, and they don't have as much DRM to deal with this time around which is a good thing.

Once I finish that, I'll start on Fallout 4.

I also play a bit of Rocket League and World of Tanks now and again.

Are there any other WoT or FC fans in here?

• Like 1

On 12/30/2016 at 3:09 AM, Spork said:

Like a couple of others in this thread, I also consider TW3 the best video game made to date.

I just saw this post on the right sidebar on mobile and my first thought was "fuck you, The Witcher 3 is the best game ever made", then I realized that's what TW3 stands for. 

• 4 weeks later...

Found these short guide videos on how to play the various Titans.

It is hard to realize what is going on in the heat of battle so I found these to be very helpful.

I wasn't even using Ion's best damage dealing ability, his 'Q'.

24 minutes ago, Dreadhead said:

Looks like I will be buying a code and joining Origin

I highly recommend playing through the campaign on "Hard" before joining us in multi-player to get familiar the game. It takes about 6 hours and is a very nice primer on the basics of the game.

Or you could join our resident geniuses/MLG pro-gamers Brent and Colin and just jump right in to multiplayer and wing it B).

Edited by TMoney
  • Like 3