Get your game on!

Fitz

I am all set on the game and started playing with the Xbox controller (from my Rift) but Brent says that I need to be more of a pc purist....

If the barrier to entry is that much play it may be some time before I'm in as most free time is going to exercise and learning piano.

Exercise and piano are dumb for old people. If you didn't learn before you were 50 it's not going to happen.

Conversely, just use the controller if you're comfortable with it. You'll be fine. I know you don't have a good K/M setup where you're playing.

**BRENT**

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Learning mouse aiming can be problematic for people that didn't grow up in the PC shooter era. If you're only going to play casually, then controllers are fine. If you intend to play competitively then you'll have to learn to aim with a mouse eventually, but it is a lot of work. On a controller, ergonomics are fixed and how to aim is more or less obvious. On a KB+M setup the ergonomics are up to you, and there are many different ways to aim, or even hold the mouse, so the situation's way more complicated. I'll echo the advice to use whatever you feel comfortable with, and if you start getting into the game enough to feel like you want to invest actual time into it, then learn to use a mouse. I've posted some resources to that end before, but I can relink stuff like this (not entirely accurate but gets the point across) or this or this. FPS games do take a lot of execution unfortunately, and learning it is not so much a function of age as a matter of effort and time, and not having said time when you're older.

• 4 weeks later...

Grahame just successfully landed a plane in the water that was not a sea plane.

Right after we planned and executed a meticulous assault on an enemy base that involved mini-gun towers, rebel mortar strikes, and one pesky electrical generator...

Which was right after Grahame and I shot down a bunch of helicopters with a tank...

Which was right after Brent got his drivers license revoked for killing too many civilians/trees with his "creative driving."

--

Yeah, that was awesome!

I will almost certainly be getting the full GR:W game at release.

Edited by TMoney
  • Like 3

Had a surprising amount of fun going to the nVidia GDC event with Grahame.

The projector they were using in-house was the single best picture quality I've ever seen on any screen, ever. My guess for it is 8k HDR 60hz. The on-screen demos were absolutely stunning.

We got to play on one of the demo rigs afterwards, but all they had was some fighting game we were unfamiliar with.

IMG_0080.thumb.jpg.bd8b318118fa09db19ed24dbf953c5b1.jpgIMG_0082.thumb.jpg.085d3ef5863d45c97e23e2dc41ec821c.jpgIMG_0084.thumb.jpg.c5b25a20da529313bab81a86b70d873b.jpg

• Like 3