Get your game on!

Fitz

Which is more than can be said about our squad in Ghost Recon : Wildlands after finally managing to infiltrate a heavily defended base when a certain $omeone managed to suicide / team kill us all with a single bullet thanks to poor trigger discipline while we all gathered around an ammo crate. Impressive, for all the wrong reasons. :palm:

• Like 5

So the Quake closed beta signups are live.

https://quake.bethesda.net/en/signup?utm_source=BethesdaNet

**BRENT**

12 hours ago, Grahame said:

It's Alive!
a7462bc05d805e9d6befbc9acac9fe2f.jpg

4 hours ago, Grahame said:

Which is more than can be said about our squad in Ghost Recon : Wildlands after finally managing to infiltrate a heavily defended base when a certain $omeone managed to suicide / team kill us all with a single bullet thanks to poor trigger discipline while we all gathered around an ammo crate. Impressive, for all the wrong reasons. :palm:

This may be the single best non-bacon-related post of Grahame's I've ever seen. Well played.

**BRENT**

• Like 1

Signed up but haven't heard anything from them yet. Cautiously optimistic about Quake - they've put together about as good a team as they can at this point in terms of who knows what Quake actually is, but I don't know if the market will support a real old-school shooter with no skill compression or concessions to modernity, or how much they'll water the game down to make it more accessible. Recent Quake-style games have failed (Reflex, Warsow) and frankly I'm surprised they managed to put together enough of a business case to the suits to risk a Quake-style game right now. Maybe the suits thought that if they threw in some moba elements the success of Overwatch will carry them through, but ask anybody that has ever tried to compete with Blizzard about how well that went for them. Though an alternative theory is that Syncerror used an old CPM CTF mod that had classes for inspiration rather than drawing from Overwatch.

At the end of the day, if the game has proper Quake movement, solid netcode, and matchmaking I'll probably be happy. We'll see.