Get your game on!

Fitz

On 6/11/2018 at 5:50 PM, TMoney said:

For @Fitz! This looks stunningly good.

quite a bit late but ive been following this game since 2013, trust me, im getting it as soon as it comes out.

the original teaser was hype af, and since max mike has been involved in the creation of it, and been more hype about it than anyone, i have high hopes.

edit: we also got a detailed gameplay reveal a few months ago:

Edited by Fitz
  • Like 1

Red_Dead_Redemption_II.jpg

This one is in my top 5 games I've ever played. Game of 2018 for me, narrowly beating out God of War.

It isn't like any other game out there. A story-telling masterpiece while also a technical showcase on XBox 1X on a 4k tv.

This is what happens when you take one of the world's most successful development teams and give them an unlimited budget and 8 years to perfect things. This level of polish is nearly unheard of from any other developer other than Rockstar.

Only real caveat is that it is a very looooong game that doesn't lend itself to 30-60 minute play sessions. This is a world I wanted to get lost in for hours at a time.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

With all the kerfuffle of Borderlands 3 being a timed exclusive on the Epic Game Store and Randy Pitchford being a gibbering asshat (as he always is) I've been getting back into ...Borderlands 1 and 2.  2K did BL fans a solid by giving away the 4K HD texture pack for BL2 and the Enhanced version of BL1 for free (to existing owners.)  I've only put about 8 hours in to BL1 enhanced.  I imported my old character and beat Crawmerax with some friends.  One thing I will say about BL1 is that it has the best soundtrack of the entire franchise.  I liked it enough to buy it on CD years ago.

The real fun I've been having is via the Reborn mod for BL2.  It requires hex editing the BL2 EXE to run (there's a tool specifically for the task), but it's a relatively simple process.  The Reborn mod addresses a legion of balance and mechanical issues that exist in BL2.  It has really breathed new life into the game for me.  A few friends of mine have have been joining me in the evenings and we've been going through with relatively low level characters.  I'm currently an L33 Gunzerker.  This is the first time playing BL2 for one member of our crew and he has really taken to it.  His enthusiasm for the game coupled with the huge amount of QoL changes Reborn adds has effectively made the game "Borderlands 2.5" and a real blast to play.

After this phase, I may see about modding Borderlands: The Pre Sequel, a game much maligned for for both deserved and unfair reasons.

• Like 1

BL2 was such a fun experience. Years ahead of its time, really. Glad you are enjoying it, KD.

I'm cautiously optimistic about BL3. I could care less about what store it is on, but Gearbox has not exactly had a sterling track record since BL2.

Funny you should say that, since I'm also also playing through BL2 with a friend and I'm also playing a 30-something Gunzerker. Though with no mods. On top of that I'm also playing solo, with a 60-something Zero trying to get to the endgame. UVHM is actually pretty damn hard at times.

BL2 has aged well. It still looks fresh thanks to the stylized graphics, the gunplay's solid, and the slick writing and voice acting just polishes it all off.

The timed exclusive deal is BS, but I wonder how the game will be monetized, especially if Take 2 is publishing. There's just so much potential for abuse... loot boxes, nerfed xp gain and xp boosters sold for cash, content cut out and sold as overpriced dlc, etc etc. Maybe the failure of Anthem and the rocky launch of D2 will make them think twice about some of this, but never underestimate the predictability of stupidity, as the wise man said. Or, as said another, greed is eternal.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Man, this poor thread is neglected.

Hey Head Case?  Do you hate yourself?  Do you WANT to?

The sequel to the 2013 torture platformer Electronic Super Joy is on Steam and it's free as in beer: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1113940/Electronic_Super_Joy_2/

I couldn't get anywhere with the original ESJ, but I loved the soundtrack.  It's the most EDM thing ever, but EnV (the artist) has such a strong sense of melody he makes some great earworms.  I hope the soundtrack to ESJ2 is anywhere near as good.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Outer_Wilds_poster_(no_credits).jpg

This was very, very cool. You are an astronaut exploring a solar system and trying to figure out the mysteries of a an extinct civilization that came before, only there is a twist to it. After 22 minutes from when you start playing the sun goes supernova and kills everything, resetting the game. After each reset of the time loop you remember what you did, but you have to start back at the starting world. You use what you've learned after each loop to dig deeper and solve the mysteries of each planet and the solar system at large. Basically a game version of Groundhog Day or Edge of Tomorrow. Just a fascinating premise that the developers deliver on.

Edited by TMoney
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Played the first two hours last night. Hideo-mother-fu#$ing-Kojima! This is so damn weird and I love it!

I'm thinking I might not be going outside much this weekend.

death-stranding-image.jpg

--

EDIT: Finished it. A stunning piece of entertainment. It takes gigantic risks in a way that is so rare in AAA-budget entertainment. Kojima set out to make a game about connecting people and boy does he deliver.

Edited by TMoney
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I don’t do any type of gaming, but i am considering getting a gaming console for the girls. I know this is a slippery slope, akin to inviting a vampire into your home...but after visiting with friends which have an older XBOX I really liked the active-type games for kids. They had one that was soccer like in that required kicking the ball in the direction of squares to knock them down. Also something similar to tennis. After about 20 mins they were sweating buckets.

SO, i went online to check out the consoles, and I am overwhelmed by the choices... Anyone here kind enough to to give me a TL;DR for a good choice? I don’t understand the differences between the current XBOX models...
I am basically looking at a console that could do the interactive physical games for kids, with activities like kicking a virtual ball, dancing, jumping, etc.

Much Obliged in advance!!

2 hours ago, shellylh said:

Hey guys, now that I have more space I think it’s time to join HC racing! Any recommendations for wheels/pedals and stand? Will be using PS4.

Hey Shelly! Can't wait to see you! Unfortunately, PS4 isn't going to work with us; we don't have any racing games that work with both PC and PS4 together, but if you're in the market for a PC that will work, let us know.

For wheels/pedals, how Head-Case are you wanting to get?

Not worth the effort Shelly.  This crew is perhaps the least capable race car drivers that has ever existed.  I would not be surprised to hear most of them actually do not have steering wheels as they all simply just crash into each other the entire race to get around corners.  Full speed, no brakes smash into each other to get around corners and repeat.  ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, VPI said:

Not worth the effort Shelly.  This crew is perhaps the least capable race car drivers that has ever existed.  I would not be surprised to hear most of them actually do not have steering wheels as they all simply just crash into each other the entire race to get around corners.  Full speed, no brakes smash into each other to get around corners and repeat.  ?

This doesn't concern you, quitter!