Get your game on!

Fitz

A_Plague_Tale_cover_art.jpg

Played through A Plague Tale: Innocence, a fun game with shades of Dishonored and The Last of Us, but ultimately felt disappointing due to the amount of wasted potential with the story and setting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I played two 16bit style JRPGs recently, Cthulhu Saves Christmas and and Cosmic Star Heroine.  I'm still working on the latter, I haven't 100%'d it yet.  I love Zeboyd games.  9 years ago, when I had a very crappy even for the time PC, I played both Cthulhu Saves The World and Breath of Death VII.  All Zeboyd games are mechanically similar, but they have excellent writing and a very sharp sense of humor.  Zeyboyd took over Penny Arcade's struggling On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness series and did two in that series (3 and 4).  I beat 3 and never quite finished 4.  I might resume it some day, but I just as likely might not.  What I like about Zeboyd games is that they're very low impact, both in terms of system resources but also player commitment.  I beat Cthulhu Saves Christmas in just over 11 hours.  I'm not at a point in my life where I can dedicate 100+ hours to an RPG like anything from The Witcher series.  Also, since all the dialog is text I don't need to have the sound up terrible loud so I can listen to music/yammering idiots in a Discord call while I play.  I need to find some more RPGs in this vein when I finish Cosmic Star Heroine.

3 hours ago, Knuckledragger said:

I'm not at a point in my life where I can dedicate 100+ hours to an RPG like anything from The Witcher series.

I spent 172 hours on my first Witcher 3 playthrough, and I'm sure there's stuff I missed. 🤪

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

spacer.png

If anyone wants to play the video game equivalent of comfort food, I can highly recommend VA-11 Hall-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action. It's a short visual novel style game but with no dialogue options and gameplay is mostly limited to mixing drinks for customers (and trying to figure out the right drink when they make vague requests or order something different than what they really want), setting up a playlist on the jukebox, and decorating your apartment when you can afford to. Despite that, it's easily one of the best games I've played in recent years, with an array of memorable characters and stories that will have you bursting out laughing one minute, and feeling like you got sucker punched in the gut the next.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Knuckledragger said:

Nice, some highlights I'm seeing from skimming through the list include OneShot, Night in the Woods, Quadrilateral Cowboy, Minit, Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!!, Heavy Bullets, Oxenfree, A Short Hike, Overland. There's also some intriguingly titled games like HOT GAY BRO DRAGONS.

A bunch more games have been added to the bundle linked above, and it's sitting at 1427 games and tools now. The very highly rated Celeste was among the recent additions. There's still six days left to get the bundle if you haven't.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/6/2020 at 5:10 PM, robm321 said:

Command & Conquer + Red Alert has been remastered if you're looking for some nastalgia with gameplay at much higher resolutions (cut scenes are still low Rez). $19.99

Wow, it is so good! I was 10 years old when the original came out and I can remember playing multiplayer against friends in the days when we had to manually dial each other's 28.8k modems.

2020-06-11.thumb.png.776aeeee902ac4e3b08bc64f6d0abe30.png

And with the remaster:

1605812347_2020-06-11(1).thumb.png.a43f8ee2ce9669a5aa424f0dc98bdfd8.png

• Like 4

Warhammer 40,000 9th Edition – people seem to take Warhammer literally, which is weird (I can see where it's necessary to flesh out the universe for the video games and books). It's meant to be silly fun.

The rules are meaningless to me as I haven't played Warhammer since the first edition, but I do enjoy the videos and absurd Spice Marine memes.

Regarding the commenters' complaints about the video (too clean) – I think Games Workshop is trying to bring in a younger group of new players (again), so having too much blood and gore in the intro would make it difficult to bring them in.

• Like 1

Once again I'm just blown away by what is possible in these flagship gaming titles. The technical mastery, storytelling brilliance, art, design, music and attention to even the smallest of details all comes together to create an experience that just can't be had in other artistic mediums.

What a ride The Last of Us 2 was. I came in skeptical that the game could have the impact of its predecessor, but the developers, in my opinion, have delivered a very fitting sequel to the beloved if controversial, original game. The emotional impacts were as compelling as anything I've played.

To me, TLOU2 belongs in the conversation with the other prestige titles like Red Dead 2, God of War, Breath of the Wild and Death Stranding.

This has been a truly amazing last few years for those of us who love games and are excited by seeing the medium pushed in new directions.

Edited by TMoney
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MexicanDragon said:

Killing Floor 2 is free this week on Epic! It is cross-compatible (for the most part) with Steam (which is where most of us have it.)

Anyone want to download it and go back a ways to kill some things with the HC group?

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/killing-floor-2/home

@shellylh @manaox2 @naamanf @cetoole @DouglasQuaid @Grahame @VPI @ujamerstand @Fitz

We playing soon?

Heh, also:
image.png.7ac1eb4b1b4d22990244a68a562b529e.png