Get your game on!

Fitz

13 minutes ago, Grahame said:

Nice.

Did you feel the need, the need for ... ?

edit; I am taller than Maverick 🙂

edit II;  by the way why is he called Maverick? if in those movies they will never shoot one?

Edited by jose

I finished Horizon Zero Dawn over the weekend on PC. Very cool game!

The story was surprisingly good and a really cool take on what would otherwise be a familiar post-apocalypse trope. I mentioned to a buddy that maybe the reason there are so few great Sci-fi tv series these days is the games industry has picked off so much of the good writing talent?

Also, it is a credit to how good the story is and how fun hunting robot dinosaurs is that the bad parts of the game (side quests, in-game economy, boring open world activities) really don't distract from the high points.

The game is also really stunning in true 4k on PC.

1809920932_2020-09-02(5).thumb.jpg.1b30faf1e7d6659828b111000d9195c5.jpg

1083217279_2020-09-02(4).thumb.jpg.6a68a973d8995a55ef6eea96cbab25a9.jpg

Edited by TMoney
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, man.  This makes me sad. XIII is one of my favorite single player FPSes from back in the day (the early 00s was a very happy time for such things.)  It had a slew of voice actors, including David Duchovny (who phoned it in, TBH) and the late, great Adam West (who absolutely nailed it.)  A remake just came out and it's absolute hot garbage.  Nearly as bad as the horrible WarCraft III: Reforged cash grab.  I won't be buying it any time soon, possibly ever.  At least there's a decent version of the original XIII on GOG.

• Sad 1

So funny thing, barely related to video games.  When CDPR announced they were delaying Cyberpunk yet again, their stock dropped.  It's obviously going to go up.  I called my broker (yes, I have one) and explained the situation.  He knows fuck-all about video games, but he understood what I was talking about.  I said "put be down for X shares!"  He said sure.

I got call back from him an hour later.  Apparently it's impossible for Edward Jones (the firm I use) to buy CDPR stocks, for reasons that are unclear to me.  Also I caused a mini drama in the east coast EdJo offices as calls went up and down the power structure as different suits and ties tried to figure out why CDPR is completely restricted from purchase.  I think it has something to do with the Polish government.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2020 at 12:20 AM, TMoney said:

Heh. You got me!

I officially put in to have 12/10 and 12/11 off. Don't screw me on this, CD Projekt!

I’m ashamed to admit I also have 12/9 - 12/11 off. I had use-or-lose leave, and my family and I can’t exactly go anywhere or do anything. The 9th is for my daughter, then all bets are off. 

• Like 1