Get your game on!

Fitz

Brent and I tried this escape room game out (on game pass). It is actually pretty fun!

Though he makes some... I guess we can say 'interesting' choices in life, Brent's MENSA status has not been in question for me and he turns out to be a pretty decent partner for solving logic puzzles.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Until they fix their multiple driver issues they won't be an alternative. I´m convinced that they will do it... they are Intel and they have much money but perhaps we´ll have to wait for a second gen of its graphics cards to be a real opponent.

Edited by jose

I agree (the picture was too hard to resist).

I had to deal with old computers that had weird Intel driver problems. You'd think Intel would have figured it out by now because their graphics are the default everywhere.

Good to have a 3rd competitor in the market, anyway.

Edited by HiWire

For now, the new "middle class" will be the 30-series graphics cards that the bastards at Nvidia haven't sold.

Since they do not want to show us the performance of the new 40 WITHOUT DLSS, I don't think I'll part with my 3080 for a few years

Edited by jose

I know many people who have had problems with HP reverbs for example using top GPU+CPU AMD and it seems that although their GPUs have more Vram they perform worse than Nvidia (in VR)

I think so, 1440p at ~27" is the standard but yesterday I saw a slide from Nvidia with the performance of their GPUs in 8K.... who the hell has an 8K monitor?. 😁

Right now is a good time to buy a new 3080/3090 although paying 800/1000€ for a GPU still seems a lot of money.

Yes, that's one of the big problems of PC gaming... chasing the never-ending specs inflation (480 Hz monitors?) and parts cost.

I'm disappointed that the energy/heat limits for CPUs and GPUs keep escalating too. I know you can't get something for nothing, but I'm a bit more focused on efficiency and reliability over absolute performance these days.

Edited by HiWire

I’m pretty excited for 40 series nvidia. Frame amplification tech is pretty much exactly what I want for some of these ray tracing heavy games. Being able to turn a 60fps experience into a 90fps one with some fancy frame interpolation sounds amazing, even if you do need to buffer frames and trade off a little latency to achieve it.

4090 also looks like a beast. An expensive beast, but unlike the 3090 this one might actually be worth the price delta over the 4080s.

Yes, the 4090 is a good value if it performs like Nvidia claims and if the prices are in the ballpark of what they listed.

I'm not sure what availability will be like... will the high-end market be indifferent after such a long drought... at this point, some people are probably trying to figure out whether it's worth purchasing a 30-series or wait for the new products.

The GeForce RTX 30-series is mature (and upgraded with the Ti products) and the drivers should be relatively stable, likewise regarding the hardware power and cooling implementations, mux output, etc.

I can see the 4090 and its relatives being popular for content creators (i.e., graphic rendering, etc.), given the significant performance improvements that could pay for themselves very quickly.

Edited by HiWire
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...